Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exhibition of ZB / THW items

Hello folks,

so I want to introduce myself a little. At the first weekend of june my THW Ortsverband displayed our oldtimer VW T1 and some items from this era. The uniforms are mine, the equipment is collected by me, but stored in our THW home.

First of all, the white THW uniform, worn from around 1953 to 1956. The steel helmet was also used of by 1950s firefighters. The black color with the white B on top was used in the late 1950s to mark a Gruppenfuehrer:

Second one, first LSHD uniform, used by the THW from approx. 1957 on. The blue stripe under the THW sign also marks a Gruppenfuehrer.

The standard compressed air apparatus of the LSHD, used by the THW from early 1960s up to around the year 2000. In combination with the Z56 gasmask it was standard in the 1960s.

And of course, I wore the uniforms from this era... First on the 1960s khakigrey THW / LSHD suite:

second one; the original 1950s THW dress. It's the late sand colored version. It is much darker than the suite in the first picture. The brown shoes originally are from the german Bundeswehr. But they fit really good to the uniform.

That's it... kind regards

Simon

Fantastic pictures! Even though I have stopped collecting THW/ZB items, I'm still interested in looking at them. The white uniform is the first I've seen, I think.

It is good to know someone is out there making sure these uniforms don't fade from memory!

Steve

Comment

Simon,

Well done!

Excellent display, very informative.

Thanks for taking the time to share these photos with us.

All the best,
      TJ

Comment

Thanks for your compliments. The white uniform was the one worn by the THW from approx. 1952 to around 1960. First versions had a nearly pure white color, the late one I am wearing is a it more light sand colored. Visor and jacket had a blue piping. Furthermore there was an anorak like the one used by the LSHD but in a lighter sand color. After the LSHD was founded the THW began giving the khakigrey LSHD clothes to their aides to.

Comment

Hi Simon,

I like your posts a lot! We know each other already from multiboard :-). I`m the helmet addict. The museum is really impressive!!

I would like to know if THW and above all ZB and it`s successor ZS used helmets. And if what type of helmets.

Thanks a lot!

All the best,
          Martin

Comment

Thanks for bumping this thread. I enjoyed looking at the pictures again

Steve

Comment

Gentlemen,

A great thread and lots of interesting pictures. Really nice to see again.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thw

Great thread showing the THW & their emergency response action equipment & uniforms. Carrying on the good tradition aspects of the Teno / Technische Nothilfe.

Comment

Hi Simon,

are still active?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X