Bundeswehr FF-OB/ZB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundeswehr FF-OB/ZB

Here is a set of field phones I picked at a flee market in Germany on my last trip. They are pretty common in the states I suppose but it was a nice price with the dialer and they both had the information sheets unlike the ones available in the states I've seen.
    If anyone has info on, or experience using the dialer please let me know.
    I scanned the papers for those that would like to print a copy. One is dated 1983 and the other 1958 (phones are dated 9/83 and 6/63)

Aaah, the so called "Acker-Schnacker" (slang: field talker), in use still today by the Bundeswehr, Rotes Kreuz, THW etc. etc.
    It's been an age since I used one but as far as I remember OB stands for Ortsbatterie-Betrieb (local battery mode) and ZB for Zentralbatterie-Betrieb (central battery mode). The dialer (Wähl-Betrieb) was used, when the FF was connected to the German analog landline. Nice find!

Lars

Comment

So, unless I am able to connect to a standard analog landline, the dialer is useless? Either way its a cool addition. The phones funtion together as they should, my kids are having more fun with them than me at the moment.
      Thanks for the info!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
      X