BW, BGS trousers? need help with IDing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BW, BGS trousers? need help with IDing

I go these trousers in a trade. I was told they were early Bundeswehr. After receiving them I noticed that they had a 1944 stamp in them making me think they might be repro WWII trousers. Can anyone ID these as Bundeswehr or BGS? Any info is will be helpful.
    Attached Files

I found no markings other than the 1944 on the pocket material on the insides of the trousers. They are a dark grey in color and have snaps in the bottom of the legs at the cuffs.
    Attached Files

Comment

I have a similar pair - also traded in not so long ago - and I´m 100% sure they are not early BW. I already posted them here in the WH section and result is that they are most possible early 50ies east german trousers for the DRK (red cross).

Jens

Comment

Thanks, Jens. I guess if they are East German that is not to bad. I collect that also. I will post the photos on the DDR forum and see what kind of response I get. Danke

Comment

Definitely not BGS, but I don't now enough about Red Cross uniforms to say it is that. Sure looks a lot like DDR, including the stamps.

Steve

Comment

As I remember, the DDR didn't used this style of front Braces buttoning.

Comment

Good point!! They used metal D rings. OK, then my guess is solidly DRK.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X