Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BW Leather Panzer Helmet

As the title says...
    Finally got one of these...Haven't been able to find much reference material..
    Submitted for your review...
    Attached Files

complete with all electronics...serial number here...
    Attached Files

Comment

nylon carry bag included...serial numbers are not matching but a neat bonus
      Attached Files

Comment

gigoo,

Nice grab! It's in wonderful shape.

Congratulations,
        TJ

Comment

I've seen quite a few of these on eBay lately, so they probably have moved to a new type. I have two myself bought over the last few years. Nice bit of kit!

Steve

Comment

The Numbers can't match as they're Stock and no Serial Numbers. There is one for the Helmet and one for the Bag.
            Nice, hard to get Item.

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
              I've seen quite a few of these on eBay lately, so they probably have moved to a new type. I have two myself bought over the last few years. Nice bit of kit!

Steve
              Not as I know. Maybe because they have lot's in the Storages, but nearly no Tank Unit's left. The Tank Force is going smaller and smaller. Maybe to save Money. The same with the PG Unit's. mostly converted into Jäger-Unit's. So they save the Fuel as they have to walk.
              Last week, my friend told me that they had to Carry Weapons in a private Van from one of his comrades as they didn't had a single Vehicle to use in the Barracks. Was funny when they came in a Police-Control when they declared the Car as a Restricted Military Area. the most rediculous to me is, when he told me that they had a large Training in the wood's but didn't got Vehicles from the Bundeswehr and they had to hire Busses from the local private Bus Service. Going to "War" in white Busses in the Forest.

Comment

Thanks guys...Glad you like.
                First one I've seen offered for sale at any of the many shows I attend , or on line...
                Gus

Comment

Gus,

They certainly aren't growing on trees. And it could be that you see one on eBay this month and not again for several. But they are out there now. Which is how I wound up with two, which I still don't understand. I guess I got the second one because it was really cheap (I do stupid things like that sometimes )

Nico,

Interesting information. I can believe it. The maintenance costs of these big vehicles is huge. A guy I knew used to be a tank loader on a M1 Abrams (the first model) for the National Guard. He cross trained on a Bradley one time, but they had the controls for turning in place (one track forward, one track backwards) locked so they could not use it. Why? Because it is easy to throw a track, it is very difficult to get one back on

OK, so surplus helmets because not as many needed. This makes sense to me, though I think these helmets are used by Marder, Lynx, Wiesel, and other crews too. Not just Leopard. Correct?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                    Gus,

They certainly aren't growing on trees. And it could be that you see one on eBay this month and not again for several. But they are out there now. Which is how I wound up with two, which I still don't understand. I guess I got the second one because it was really cheap (I do stupid things like that sometimes )

Nico,

Interesting information. I can believe it. The maintenance costs of these big vehicles is huge. A guy I knew used to be a tank loader on a M1 Abrams (the first model) for the National Guard. He cross trained on a Bradley one time, but they had the controls for turning in place (one track forward, one track backwards) locked so they could not use it. Why? Because it is easy to throw a track, it is very difficult to get one back on

OK, so surplus helmets because not as many needed. This makes sense to me, though I think these helmets are used by Marder, Lynx, Wiesel, and other crews too. Not just Leopard. Correct?

Steve
                    As I know, they're used by all Crews, but as said, they're cutting down all Vehicle Numbers, so there is no need to keep them in stock.

Comment

Gentlemen,

As said previously, these are available on ebay.de in copious quanities. They usually come with the carrying bag. I have two that are slightly different so that is why I have two Steve! Another eason for getting rid of them is the method of hoding the receivers in place. These small pins often wear out the the receivers won't stay in the helmet hence they become surplus.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Someone in 2004 or 2005 I lost one of those headphone helmets (I had about 18 in my tank platoon). Surprisingly the headphone itself is mass produced article - nothing worth. You could simply order a new one. But the leather helmet was a damage of about 1500€ and I had to write a report.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyStrike23 View Post
                          Someone in 2004 or 2005 I lost one of those headphone helmets (I had about 18 in my tank platoon). Surprisingly the headphone itself is mass produced article - nothing worth. You could simply order a new one. But the leather helmet was a damage of about 1500€ and I had to write a report.
                          Yes, the prices of most of the rarer Equipment is unreal. Lucky that you only had to write a Report and didn't had to pay for it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X