Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order of Precedence on ribbon bars in the BW

Gentlemen,

The ribbon bar pictured below is for sale on ebay.de and it has raised a question for me. All of the Order Of Precedence for medals in the BW that I have looked at indicate that all classes of the Order of Merit of the Federal Republic of Germany should come before any 57 issue TR awards. On this bar the Knights grade of this order is placed between the 1939 EK I and EKII. The ribbon bar is correct in all other aspects so the placement of this post war award has me curious. Any comments?

Regards,

Gordon
    Attached Files

Also the BW Cross after the Sport's Badge?
    Also looks very made up to me.
    As I know, the Post War, Wartime and then the foreign Awards.

Comment

A beautiful claps,
      One can see that the Order
      Bundeswehr Cross of Merit attached individually to the clasp.
      probably the last award of this man.
      He would probably have to make a new clip?

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
        Also the BW Cross after the Sport's Badge?
        Also looks very made up to me.
        As I know, the Post War, Wartime and then the foreign Awards.
        Nico,

I wondered about that too but that is the correct order of precedence. Why they put a long service award after a sports award is a mystery to me.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

The ribbon bar looks like a good one, the order of precedence is correct.

From looking at the photo I can see that the Bundeswehr Cross of Merit has been added later, it looks like it is a single ribbon bar.

Kind regards
          Pierce

Comment

Hi,

the order of precedence was correct, but without the later added single ribbon bar "Ehrenkreuz der Bundeswehr" in Gold.
            I think, that the owner don't want to buy a complete new ribbon bar. It is not correct, but tolerable.
            You must exchange the sports badge and the "Ehrenkreuz" in thoughts .

Gordon:
            "Why they put a long service award after a sports award is a mystery to me."
            This sentence is a mystery to me, because the "Ehrenzeichen der Bundeswehr" is not a long service award.
            I met a comrade with the rank LTC. He had more than 20 years of service, when he got the "Ehrenkreuz der Bundeswehr" in Bronze.
            And you could find young soldiers with higher grades of the cross in comparison with the minimum service time of 7 months, 5, 10 and 20 years for the different grades.
            There is first the definition "for exemplary service and meritorious service" combined with the minimum service time. No one got the medal/badge of honour direct after the minimum service time. Many soldiers never got a "Ehrenzeichen der Bundeswehr"!
            And there is additional the definition or "outstanding achievements, in particular an excellent single act". It could be a cross in Gold for a soldier with 7 months service time.

Uwe

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X