• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribbon bar

Ever seen such a ribbon-bar?

Hi Majorpayne,

unusual.....

DSA, EPLA, Some Marching- medal?, Bern march, U.S. Air Force small arms expert

looks like a German reserve NCO............Your own decorations???

Best greetings

Daniel

Comment

3rd one is Marché de l´armee Diekirch, Luxembourg

Best greetings

Daniel

Comment

Bingo

How about your ribbons? Have you got a picture?

Grüße aus der Heimat

Comment

OHHH! Congratulations!

Yes I have also some

Ich fand als Kind schon faszinierend, daß die Ritter immer bunt angemalt sein müssen.

Beste Grüße
          Daniel
          Attached Files

Comment

Bundeswehr Ehrenkreuz in Bronze (Congratulations too!!)
            Einsatzmedaille mit "KFOR"-Spange
            Oderflutmedaille Brandenburg
            DSA in Bronze
            DLRG in Silber
            NATO-Medal mit "KOSOVO"-Spange
            Expert pistol shot ribbon der US-Navy

Now I have some questions

When have you been in Kosovo and where?
            How did you get the navy ribbon? This one is really rare on a Bundeswehr uniform. We have some Air Force here but Navy? Did you get it in the USA during a training or maneuver?

Great ribbon bar too!
            I know some soldiers/reservists who don't like awards on an uniform (why I don't know) but the most of them get motivated to do something if they see my bar. I've just "recruited" some comrades for the next Diekirch-marche. You should take part next year, a wonderful marche, wonderful countryside, wonderful beer, wonderful atmosphere in Luxemburg and... a great army museum in Diekirch. I have seen there a fantastic Imperial medal-bar with St. Henry order etc... I hope the pics I made are good and ready next week!!!

Are you Haupt- or Stabsfeldwebel and which unit (where)?

Kameradschaftliche Grüße!!!!
            Last edited by JensF.; 06-29-2002, 04:16 AM.

Comment

Hi majorpayne,

I´ve been with KFOR in Kosovo and most in Mazedonia from november 2000 to may 2001.

I got the Navy pistol shot medal here in Germany at a shooting training with American troops from the Staff in Ramstein. The officer in charge was Navy LtCommander, so he awarded me the Navy medal. You are right, the Army shooting badges are very common, the Air Force ribbon is rare, but to see sometimes, but the Navy medal is quite rare in Germany. I´ve seen only 2 or 3 more. I have also the Dutch pistol shootinmg badge, but no German shooting lanyard.

I´m now Hauptfeldwebel and serve in the Verteidigungsbezirkskommando (Military District Command) 84 Potsdam.

Your marching stuff is quite interesting. I took part in the official Nijmegen March group in 1993, but had some health problems and couldnt finish. Thats why I "lost my interest" in these things. But You are right, the athmosphere on this events is great.

Kameradschaftliche Grüße

Daniel

Comment

Hi,

VBK 84? Have you anything to do with reservists?

I have the dutch pistol badge too. This was a great and funny shooting with the Glock. 2 targets and hard time limits in different positions. Our marksmanship lanyard I have in all three grades and the US Army badges. We have an Army partner unit in Friedberg / Hessen but at the moment they're not interested in doing activities with us since they got a new commander... very sad.
                I am sure the atmosphere in Diekirch is nothing against Nijmegen. I know many soldiers who did or tried the marche there. The 4 x 50 km are very very hard... but the medal is beautiful. I'll train some years and then I'll try this "death-marche".

How did you get the Bundeswehr Ehrenkreuz?

Kameradschaftliche Grüße

www.rkwetterau.de
                Last edited by JensF.; 06-29-2002, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X