Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another "new" badge; Sniper?

Gents,

Here's another eBay discovery that took me by surprise. Does anyone know what this one is?

Thanks,
    TJ
    Attached Files

Thomas, I'd say this is a fantasy piece. Looks like someone merged a EKL 1 badge with the Infanterieschule "S"...
    Or did I miss something?

Lars

Edit: Have found a drawing of this badge on this site:

http://www.dreiherrenstein.de/bwtota...x_bwtotal.html

Go to the "Info" page. The badge is descibed as "New unofficial sniper badge". As I stated before, not official in any way.
    Last edited by Proud Kraut; 04-07-2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

The oak leaf pattern on the bottom looks like a smaller but still same pattern on the Wehrmacht Scharfschuetzen abzeichen. It supports the sniper claim.

Comment

A Sniper "Tätigkeitsabzeichen" is planned, but I didn't heard about a Sniper Patch yet. They're still in the planning phase, so in the moment, there is nothing there to show. I heard about some designs but I was told not to talk about them, so when I know something specific I'll let you guy's know.
        BTW: The Patch shown is a dealers phantasy Item, who has his own stitching machine in the Shop.

Comment

Originally posted by Proud Kraut View Post
          Thomas, I'd say this is a fantasy piece. Looks like someone merged a EKL 1 badge with the Infanterieschule "S"...
          Or did I miss something?

Lars

Edit: Have found a drawing of this badge on this site:

http://www.dreiherrenstein.de/bwtota...x_bwtotal.html

Go to the "Info" page. The badge is descibed as "New unofficial sniper badge". As I stated before, not official in any way.
          Even the old Sniper Patch, shown there is an official Patch.
          A friend told me that in his Unit, it had to be removed from the Uniform because it was never authorized by the MOD. You can see Reservists running around with it. There you can see the funniest things. Some Years ago I had a movie Project, and there they had a former "KSK" Soldier who showed his personal Camo Shirt to the Costume guy's as "that's how it has to look like". The first mistake was the Nametape, the second, 6 different Jump Wings including a SAS and a Standard UK on the Arm??? He looked like a X-mas Tree. 2 ea. Badges on the Pockets and so on.

Comment

Gents,

Thanks for the feedback.

All the best,
            TJ

Comment

A little information on both versions of the unofficial sharpshooter badge, there are some soldiers that wear the badge on the inside of the beret.

Marc

Comment

Marc,

Great insider info - - no pun intended...

All seriousness aside, I thrive on little tidbits like these.

Much obliged,

TJ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X