tunic question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tunic question...

Hello all - I need some assistance in identifying this tunic posted in this thread. This tunic belongs to Justin (wende Museum) who has asked me to post his photos.

Please let me know if your thoughts and comments, much appreciated.
    Attached Files
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

ph1
    Attached Files
    Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

I'd say it's a civilian winter jacket with Third Reich (or West German, I can't tell the difference) fireman's insignias applied.

Comment

Yes, the insignias are Fire Service. But there were used in the DDR for a long time after the war.

Maybe the coat was used by fire service after the war, when no other coats were available? In my hometown the first real fire serve uniforms were issued 1949. before that year the men used civilian jackets with white fire service armband.

Comment

Ralph,

I would say that this is a civilian coat that someone has added insignia to. The chain at the neck for hanging the coat up is something I would only expect to find on a civilian jacket. Early post war Feuerwehr tunics were usually dark blue. Sometimes recycled TR tunics that were redyed. If they are looking for tunics for the book forget this one.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hello all - Thank you very much for your comments so far, I very much appreciate it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X