Polizei/BGS Einsatzanzug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polizei/BGS Einsatzanzug

I'm starting this thread for people to post pics of their various Einsatz items. Something about these uniforms... I love them! I've got a fairly healthy number, however it will be a while before I fully document what I have. Here are some recent arrivals along with some pics of pieces I already have pictures of.

First up is an undated Rheinland-Pfalz two piece set. Similar to BGS and other Polizei designs of the 1960s and 1970, but with a mesh interior in the shoulder areas. Much better ventilation than the standard design:

From a very different source I happened upon a 1974 Rheinland-Pfalz parka. It is in the style of BGS (longer), not BW (shorter).

1963 BGS jacket and trousers:

1964 BGS Parka (missing liner):

1965 BGS trousers:

Steve

As part of a long overdue cleaning I managed to dig my way to my other Einsatzanzug. Here are most of them:

NRW fire resistant set. 1980 Jacket, 1979 Trousers:

Niedersaschen fire resistant set. Notice the hand stitched BW flag sewn onto the left arm. I'm sure this was non-standard, but I doubt it was added after it was taken out of service. 1996 Jacket, 1998 Trousers:

Bayern fire resistant set. No date, obviously post 1976:

Bayern heavy cotton. No date, obviously pre 1976:

BGS cotton/poly. No date, obviously post 1976:

BGS cotton/poly. No date, obviously post 1976. Probably more recent than the above set:

Enjoy!

Steve
    Last edited by Collectinsteve; 02-19-2012, 12:58 AM.

Comment

More...

Niedersachsen heavy cotton. No date, definitely pre 1976:

Schleswig-Holstein heavy cotton. No date, but this is a friend's uniform and he said he wore it in the 1970s. Most definitely produced before 1976. Notice how similar it is to BGS. He gave me the button on hood which he never used. The color is MUCH darker than this well used set. BGS uniform color also lightened considerably after being used for a while:

Steve

Comment

Steve,

The Niederaschsen set was probably worn on deployment outside of Germany. Common with police forces who sent their people of foreign assignments.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Steve,

It took me a while to dig out this photo but found it at last! An "einsatz" uniform in wear in Kosovo. I've collected a number of pictures of polizei serving outside Germany and Kosovo seems to be the one where they primarily wore the national flag and their state polizei crest. This does appear in Afghanistan but more commonly they wore some other crest as well. I have a complete uniform set belonging to an S/H police officer who served in Kosovo and his shirts all looked like that. I'll try and dig out his "einsatz" uniform tomorrow and post pictures. You make me envious with all these seldom see pieces of polizei clothing!

Regards,

Gordon
          Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the info and the great pic! Yeah, the Germans have contributed police to several UN sponsored missions. It makes sense they would put a national flag on their uniforms since few would recognize a Staat badge. Might also be a UN mission requirement (probably is).

I definitely have been lucky with Einsatzanzug collecting. I got most of my 1960s BGS items from an ex-BGS member and the S-H set came from a friend's barn (seriously, that's where it was before it came to me!). But the rest have come from eBay over the last 5 or 6 years.

Steve

Comment

Steve - Great stuff!

Thanks for starting this thread.

All the best,
              TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                Steve,

The Niederaschsen set was probably worn on deployment outside of Germany. Common with police forces who sent their people of foreign assignments.

Regards,

Gordon
                Not only probably, that's the regulation.

Comment

Nico,

Thanks for that piece of information.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Found this one under a pile of stuff tonight. 1996 jacket and 1984 trousers from S-H. I'm sure this is not a matching set and that there are different jackets and trousers to match, but it's what I have. I am also not sure if the particular riot uniform rank (velcro) is correct for a S-H jacket from the 1990s. There is so little information out there about this stuff! Well, at least for us English speaking types.

Steve

Comment

Steve, be sure that even here in germany there is no further information on this topic. While there is a central purchase for BW stuff and BGS stuff with relatively strikt "rules" (the TL´s - technical specifications) making sure that the stuff is relatively equal throughout longer periodes the 16 different state police purchase departments will not have such strict regulation ... especially during the last years stuff is bought after public requests for proposal with only rough functional descriptions to with the goal to get cheaper stuff from the commercial market... no longer "Anhaltemuster" are kept to prove new lots. as long as the pass commercial quality check they are o.k. for use...

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Yep, but it would be nice for someone to try and make sense of it for us

As big a topic as German police uniforms are, compared to the US it is a child's game. We in the US have Federal, State, County, and Local police forces. Each one of them purchases their own uniforms from any source they choose.

Putting aside the various Federal police agencies, the US has:

50 States
                        3143 Counties
                        87,525 Local Municipalities

Which means, in theory, there are 90,000 different basic police uniform types in use every day. That number goes up a lot if you look at winter, riot, field, dress, motorcycle, etc. uniforms. Even if a 10% of the municipalities don't have their own police (common in rural areas, like where I live), that is still a big number! Waaaaay too big

Steve

Comment

This set recently arrived. 1975 dated BGS Einsatzanzug, apparently with all original badging. Does anybody know if this is GSG-9 specific? It appears to be identical to the green Einsatzanzug that was used by BGS and Polizei forces until early 1980s.

Steve

Comment

It is funny that I just noticed this last photo of the 1975 BGS Einsatzanzug. I just finished restoring an identical set that I received from a veteran in Germany. Mine is also dated 1975. The original patches had been removed. The old stitch lines showed that in addition to the shoulder ader and arch, there was once a breast GSG9 ader-qual patch. I just finished sewing all three replacement patches on it yesterday.
                            The veteran I received the uniform from told me that it was a confirmed GSG 9 uniform with veteran removed patches. I had another conversation with him recently and he told me that the Dark Green field uniforms were unique to only the BGS GSG9, within the BGS proper. I have no idea about the rest of the German police departments at the time............
                            I'll post a few photos of my BGS Einsatzanzug set later today.

Comment

Here are the photos of my 1975 BGS Einsatzanzug uniform set. Both jacket and pants are matched....... same manufacturer, date, etc. I also have a short sleeve uniform shirt that is also a confirmed GSG-9 shirt from 1988.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 4 users online. 0 members and 4 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X