Recent surplus store find...w/ pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent surplus store find...w/ pics

Hello, I just want to share some pics of my recent surplus store find. Please feel free to add any comments if something here is special. Enjoy the pics...

(check out the DDR stuff that came with all this: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=566867 )

All together:

Rucksack

Matching set "BGS MEGO BERLIN 64", "LARSEN 1958", "C.RIESE BERLIN 1957"

BGS E-Tool

Weapons Oil Bottle Dated 1957

Wool Blanket

G1 Scope

Blanket is obviously a Dutch made (Dutch brand) item...
    Nice scope!!!

Comment

Your scope attaches to the G1 /FAL 7.62 rifle. It is a very nice find.

Comment

Wow ! Some really nice things ... congratulations!

Regards,

Jens

Comment

I cant believe I didn't notice the label not being German on the blanket. You are correct.

Comment

Wow! I wish I had a chance to make finds like that. I've been looking for a BGS black leather shovel carrier for a while now. The canteen is quite hard to find too. Interesting backpack. 1952 is early days for a BRD force of any type.

Steve

Comment

sammlermws,

A veritable treasure trove! So many excellently marked items. BGS ammo pouches, PPBlrn marked leather straps. We would all like to find a store like this one.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

sammlermws - Jackpot!

I am "mussgrun" with envy that you found an Idealspaten factory painted for issue to the BGS / Polizei. The G-1 sniper scope goes without saying...

I've included a picture of the post-war "kokonus" canteens in my collection as your example appears to present a new variation -- "unpainted wood with green strap". Would you mind posting the markings on your canteen and e-tool for reference purposes?

Well done Sir!

All the best - TJ
                Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by NickG View Post
                    Blanket is obviously a Dutch made (Dutch brand) item...
                    Nice scope!!!
                    OK, now just wondering...is there any possibility that Germany would have supplied blankets like this to the military? Is this an early military item, or completely civilian? Either way there still is a possibility that a German Soldier would have acquired this somewhere, maybe from home and used it in the field. With that said, it appears period correct, and the Netherlands do boarder Germany; it wouldn't completely destroy my BW or BGS display.

Comment

Nope, it's destroyed. The solution is for you to send them all to my place. I have no Dutch blankets here.

Seriously, I suppose it's possible an individual would pick up something like that which he felt was more useful than his issued kit *or* he lost his issue kit and had to find a replacement. But as standard course? No, if it is Dutch it would not be issued to someone in the BW.

Steve

Comment

sammlermws - Thanks for the close-ups!

I can see now from these images that the strap on your unpainted "kokonus" is black like mine; no variations to contend with here. "H.R.E." stands for "Heinrich Ritter, Essinglen." This manufacturer also made the tropical pattern field flask for the Wehrmacht. "59" indicates the year it was made.

Again, that was an awesome purchase. You somehow managed to pick up in one fell swoop a half dozen or so rarities that some collectos have been pursuing for decades.

All the best - TJ

P.S. - That DDR lot wasn't too shabby either...

Comment

The leather straps, both outside and on the cap, are green. It is just the lighting for some reason making them darker.

Comment

Variation it is!

Thanks again - TJ

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                            X