BW Formal Tuxedo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BW Formal Tuxedo

Does anyone have photos of a Bundeswehr formal evening dress uniform in wear? The black tuxedo style?

Don

What you're talking about is the Gesellschaftsuniformen. It is also commonly called the Smokinguniform. You can find it in the official Bundeswehr catalog:

http://www.rk-suedeifel.de/Downloads...atalog2010.pdf

Steve

Comment

DonC,

There are a number of slightly different ones. I tried the link Steve posted, which normally works, but it froze my computer. Here are some pictures from my files of a Luftwaffe uniform.

Regards,

Gordon
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Worn with this uniform is a special white dress shirt with hidden buttons and a black bow tie. A separate cumerbund is also worn but this pair of pants seems to have a cumerbund sewn on around the waist.
          Black dress shoes complete the ensamble. A hat is not normally worn.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Interesting vest!! I have not seen that before.

A note that the Luftwaffe uniform is nearly identical except the color is a very dark blue. If you see these on eBay sometimes it is difficult to tell from the pictures if the uniform is for Heer (Army) or Luftwaffe (Airforce).

Steve

Comment

Thank you very much, gentlemen. I have one coming named to an Oberstleutnant and WWII veteran and I'll post it when it arrives.

Don

Comment

DonC,

The pictures that I posted are for the "Smoking" jacket. This is the less common of the "Mess Dress" uniforms and rarely seen in photographs. The more common "Gesellschaftanzug" is different in design and probably what you will receive in the mail. It is also for the Luftwaffe. The uniforms found for sale are mostly from the Luftwaffe. Here are file pictures of that type of uniform. I have a couple of these but have yet to acquire a "Smoking jacket" of the type in the first pictures that I posted.
                This photo is a good display of the dress shirt with the hidden buttons and the bow tie worn with these types of uniforms. These are the only types of uniforms that the miniature medals can be worn on according the BW regulations.

Regards,

Gordon
                Attached Files

Comment

#2.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here are two pages from the BW Clothing Regulations ZDv 37/10 which show both of the men's "mess dress" uniforms and the woman's "mess dress" uniform. The pictures show that both the full sized medals and the miniature medals can be worn with the Gesellschaftanzug.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Spencer on the left and Smoking on the right, in comparison. The "Kummerbund" is usually worn with the (older) Spencer. Both are called "Gesellschaftsanzug".

http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/al...6362303661.jpg

Lars

P.S.: Great Lw Gesellschaftsuniform!!!

P.P.S.: If somebody needs a Spencer or a Smoking, let me know. I have one of each for trade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                      X