Bundeswehr Flight Jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bundeswehr Flight Jacket

Hallo.....I'm looking to purchase a Bundeswehr flight jacket, grey leather with the original unit badges still on it...If anyone knows where I can find one it would be appreciated. I have found a few online, but the pickings are slim...Thanks!!

I dont know where to acquire one with the patches and such but I do know of a company that sells the Luftwaffe flight jackets and patches are easy to come by for some of the units such as JG-71 or others. The patches are very numerous via ebay.com

Im looking at eventually getting one of these jackets myself:

http://www.gibson-barnes.com/Luftwaf...18/prod_id/59/

Comment

RedCatcher1986,

Don't buy that one. It is not a BW jacket. It is civilian made one.

flyingwrenches,

Don't bother looking for, or buying, a BL grey flight jacket with the patches still on it. Nien time out of ten they will be put together jackets and will cost you more than they are worth. In the older jackets when the patches were sewn on they were removed before being declared surplus. Thus leaving very visible sewing marks. These jackets always have a large A stamped across the manufacturers label. The later jackets, where the patches were put on by velcro, are found without badges but wih the blue velcro still in place. Flight jackets were re-used and new crests were applied so your best bet is to buy an older grey leather flight jacket and sew patches on it. Don't worry about sewing the patches on with the sewing going through the lining. That was commonly done. Almost all BW patches have been reproduced so the trick is to get authentic ones which will probably show some wear. Good luck in getting a jacket and patches. I have three jackets and have not been successful yet in getting good patches to sew onto my older jackets.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thanks Gordon and Redcatcher for the information, Much appreciated.. I'll look into it....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X