Feldjager visor cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feldjager visor cap

For your review. Feldjager visor cap in unused condition. Removable white top with WWII like waffle pattern.
    Attached Files

gigoo - Nice looking cap; well done!

I'm orginally from Lynn, MA - where are you from?

All the best - TJ

Comment

Hi TJ,
      AO in Framingham. We have chatted before...Clued me in to Brentwood militaria...

Comment

My kids always tell me I'm losing it; here's further proof!

As it so happens, I was in Brentwood Militaria two weeks ago to pick up some "real G.I. dog tags" for my Godson. While I was waiting, I took a cruise around. They had some of the newer BGS moosgrun fatigues on hand of the type worn in Bosnia. Price wasn't too bad as I recall.

Getting back on topic, here is a picture of your cap being worn from the 1978 edition of "Das deutsche Heer heute".

All the best - TJ

P.S. - Go Pats!
        Attached Files

Comment

gigoo,

Nice cap. Thanks for posting pictures of it. There are actually two different Feldjaeger visor caps. The one you posted with the removable cloth top and the standard type BW ribbed cap band base and a "leather" removable topped cap. The leather topped cap had a different cap band in that it was smooth and without the ridges normally seen on BW caps. The cap band was also of a darker grey colour. The "leather" top was actually of a plastic type material. I have one of the leather topped ones in my collection and the pictures are below.

Regards,

Gordon
          Attached Files

Comment

The removable leather top was made by Bamberger and the cap base by Teunz.
            Attached Files

Comment

The removable "leather" top fastens to the base in exactly the same way as the cloth ones do. It also has a wire stiffener to maintain the shape of the cap.
              Attached Files

Comment

TJ and Gordon,
                Thanks for the additional info, and pics.
                Best,
                Gus

Comment

gigoo,

Your welcome. We are looking forward to more threads/posts from you.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

This is my first post in this forum. Up until now, most of my posts have been in the cloth headgear forum, and in the DDR forum. I will post more pics, mostly headgear soon. Also have nice selection of Russian and Hungarian items to post as well.
                    Gus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X