Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help to identify this lot of BW insignia please

Gents,

BRD insignia is not really in my line, but I got this bunch of stuff together with other items I wanted. Most of them are absolutely brand new and mint in the wrap, so I did not want to take them out of the plastic.

Could I please trouble you all to tell me what these items are. I am very grateful for your help.

And sorry for the really lousy photographs. I did not have time to do my usual setup!

shoulder boards, brand new, sewn together as a pair

some kind of silver lanyard

aluminium pips with bronze prongs

some kind of pocket badges and a ribbon bar

collar tabs, silver bullion and normal thread

a "fallschirmjager" belt buckle

a beret badge?

sleeve patches

And that's the lot.

Thanks, everyone, in advance.

-Alf

Im not too up to speed on Bundeswehr rank boards but:

Your silver cord is the Schuetzenschnur lanyard

Pips for your officers shoulderboards

The pocket badge is for the Franco-German Brigade

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Franco-German_Brigade

The ribbon award for an Ehrenkreuz in Gold

The Gold Eagle badge for your schuetzenschnur

Fallschirmjaeger's are Paratroopers

Your cloth badge is the Einzenkaempfer badge (an equivalent to like SERE or Ranger courses in the US Army)

Then looks like you have some Fallschirmjaeger unit patches and another Einzelkaempfer badge

Sorry I couldnt help with everything

Comment

Thank you for your help, my friend.

I don't know what I am going to do with all this stuff, since I don't collect them!

If anybody wants to buy it, please let me know.

Comment

Hello, this is my first post at the Wehrmacht-Awards Forum. Hope I can help out with some info about German Armed Forces in the future.
        Your first pic shows two machine embroidered patches of Luftlandebrigade 26 (top row) and a bullion patch of Kommando Spezialkräfte (bottom row, left).

Lars

Comment

Lars - Welcome to the forum and hope you can add your knowledge. What is your collecting interests?
          Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Thank you, Ralph. My collecting interests are mainly colored U.S. Army SSI, a bit of Bundeswehr insignia and everything in conjunction with Bundeswehr Artillerie.

Comment

Well you should have a good time on this forum...

Thanks for letting us know your collecting interests.
              Somebody, after all, had to make a start. What we wrote and said is also believed by many others. They just don't dare express themselves as we did. Quote - Sophie Scholl - White Rose resistance group

Comment

Thanks for the info, Lars.

Originally posted by Proud Kraut View Post
                Hello, this is my first post at the Wehrmacht-Awards Forum. Hope I can help out with some info about German Armed Forces in the future.
                Your first pic shows two machine embroidered patches of Luftlandebrigade 26 (top row) and a bullion patch of Kommando Spezialkräfte (bottom row, left).

Lars

Comment

Can anyone tell me what these insignia are worth? I would like to pass them on to a collector of these items who could make use of them.

Comment

Originally posted by achern View Post
                    Can anyone tell me what these insignia are worth? I would like to pass them on to a collector of these items who could make use of them.
                    Always difficult to say. Due to the fact, that all these insignia seem to be unused, I would rate the whole lot about 30,- -40,- Euros, here in Germany! I have no idea, how much the belt buckle would be. It's of course a customized, unofficial piece.

Lars
                    Last edited by Proud Kraut; 08-25-2011, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Lars,

Welcome to the forum. Nice to see new people showing up. Things have been slow as late due to the summer time I think.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thank you, Gordon. I have visited this site several times before. I found many interesting threads regarding the Bw, so I thought I could join it now.

@achern: Sorry for "hijacking" your thread again!

Lars

Comment

Guys, I put all these random BW items up for sale on ebay as I don't need them and don't know what to do with them either.

If anybody needs anything from here please PM me. I'll pull the item for you.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X