Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

???

hello collectors from the decadent western enclave

i am sorry starting of all offending and all, but i have a question, which i hoped could find some anwers overhere.

i spotted these boots on ebay.de, and in a instant alarmbells started to ringbecause i spotted the same kind of boots over here, in some topics.

so are these BDR or GDR(DDR) ???

http://cgi.ebay.de/DDR-VoPo-NVA-Stie...item4aacfae13c

thanks very much, ill be running back now before my partners on the other side notice my absence, please send anwers via pidgeon

A top strap like that is usually indicative of either Bundesgrenzschutz or Bundeswehr issue.

That said, these look more to me like civilian motorcycle boots. The tightning straps are longer than any BW/BGS examples I have seen and appear to be positioned more to the side of the boot than the rear.

N

Comment

sgtmeat,

These boots appear to be Bundesmarine. The strap for BM boots is towards the rear of the shaft with the fold over section at the rear. A couple of other ways to tell BRD boots from DDR is;
      1-the design on the soles are very different on the two boots;
      2-BW footwear that have a brown leather band around the top of the boot/shoe will have a series of numbers punched into the leather giving size information.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Navy "Bordstiefel".
        Listed as VoPo Boots of the NVA. Did they mixed the Departement's at some time?
        The Price is Still OK. We allway's sold them for 20-25 Euros used.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X