Y-Straps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Y-Straps

Just want to show 2 Types of Y-Straps I detected while sorting on the weekend.
    Attached Files

The Straps are the same except the Hooks for the Backpack are sewn on the old Model and riveted on the newer Model. sadly you can't read the Stamps for dates.
    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Nico! These are the only two types I am aware of. I've never seen date stamps on the dozen or so I have handled.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
        Thanks Nico! These are the only two types I am aware of. I've never seen date stamps on the dozen or so I have handled.

Steve
        Sometimes, there was a Stamp on the Back Strap when you got new ones in the Lot's, but very, very rarely. Maybe 1/2 % was with detectable Stamps. In my early Years I had several hundred if not thousand's of them.
        Sadly they cut off one of the Straps to demil them so I had loads of Scrap Metal for the Scrap and Strap Material for Repairs. I remember when I bought about 200 US Field Beds from the Military Auctions in Berlin and I had to replace the Stretching Bars on the Ends. The Straps were a good securing Strap for them. You know, these short things where you can put the long Storage Straps through, so that they won't get lost.

Comment

Nico, are you sure that the riveted ones are the younger ones ? Depending on what you see on several marked stalls and get when you order them this variant is rare (maximum every tenth one) and often used while the sewn ones are often in mint condition ...

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Asbjoern View Post
            Nico, are you sure that the riveted ones are the younger ones ? Depending on what you see on several marked stalls and get when you order them this variant is rare (maximum every tenth one) and often used while the sewn ones are often in mint condition ...

Jens
            It's what I learned a hundred Years ago.
            But I'm willing to learn, so if somebody has a Proof on it, let me know.

Comment

Just when I thought it was safe to go on the WAF, somebody has to post a newly observed variation of the oliv BW Y- Riemen.

You know what this means don't you?

This weekend, instead of relaxing with my family in the warm summer weather, I'll be in the basement pulling out boxes, bound and determined to see if I already own the variant.

And if I don't, I'll have to add it to my list. And everytime I run across a set of BW Y-straps, I'll have to check to see if its the one I don't have.

Why, why, do I put myself through this?

As Genosse Viktor of the DDR forum is quick to remind us, it is a terrible sickness we suffer from....

TJ

Comment

What sickness?

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas J. Cullinane Jr. View Post
                  Just when I thought it was safe to go on the WAF, somebody has to post a newly observed variation of the oliv BW Y- Riemen.

You know what this means don't you?

This weekend, instead of relaxing with my family in the warm summer weather, I'll be in the basement pulling out boxes, bound and determined to see if I already own the variant.

And if I don't, I'll have to add it to my list. And everytime I run across a set of BW Y-straps, I'll have to check to see if its the one I don't have.

Why, why, do I put myself through this?

As Genosse Viktor of the DDR forum is quick to remind us, it is a terrible sickness we suffer from....

TJ
                  It's not only you!
                  Last weekend I tokk the neighbour Storage from my Landlord and sorted a "bit". I moved about 6 Ton's of Stuff that Weekend. But now I have more shelves and lot's more stuff sorted and posted on my site. Maybe in 2 or 3 Weeks, I want to do it again.

Comment

Yesterday my riveted Y Strap arrived.

I think that they are from the early 60´s, so mayby only a version and not 1st or 2nd pattern?

Comment

Just looked to all of my ~600 early Bw pics. The first of the riveted straps are on 1959 pics. So either the riveted ones are the first type, or there are differences between some manufacturers.

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
                        It's not only you!
                        Last weekend I tokk the neighbour Storage from my Landlord and sorted a "bit". I moved about 6 Ton's of Stuff that Weekend. But now I have more shelves and lot's more stuff sorted and posted on my site. Maybe in 2 or 3 Weeks, I want to do it again.
                        Uhh, I did it again. Can't crawl as every Bone Hurts.
                        A Forum Member visited me on 2 day's and to day he's coming to my other storage next to my Carpenter Shop. I think after that I need a week off.

Comment

Hey

i've got one of the "sewn ones" and I really want to get a matching uniform. in what period of time have these y-straps been used in the german army?

- thanks

Comment

Hej hej !

This kind of Y strap came in to generall service from 1960 onwards, as stated above most possible in the riveted version... the date of invention of the sewn one is not known, most possible during the 70ies. Both types were in use up to the early 90ies.So the old stile Filzlaus uniform would be o.k. anyway as it was issued as winter uniform until the late 80ies (although most possible never worn...) For a late 70ies/ 80ies timeline the moleskin uniform would be your choice, combined with brown combat boots for the earlier years and black for the later....

Hilsen,

Jens

Comment

Hej hej !

This kind of Y strap came in to generall service from 1960 onwards, as stated above most possible in the riveted version... the date of invention of the sewn one is not known, most possible during the 70ies. Both types were in use up to the early 90ies.So the old stile Filzlaus uniform would be o.k. anyway as it was issued as winter uniform until the late 80ies (although most possible never worn...) For a late 70ies/ 80ies timeline the moleskin uniform would be your choice, combined with brown combat boots for the earlier years and black for the later....

Hilsen,

Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X