Bavarian Border Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bavarian Border Police

Old Riot Control Helmet. The BBP was the only Unit using olive Helmets as I know.

Are the Bavarian Border Police and the Bundesgrenzschutz two different entities, or is the BBP a unit of the BGS?

Comment

RedCatcher1986,

Two different entities and not connected in any way. I have an anorak that was worn by the Bayern Grenzpolizei. If memory serves me right, Bayern was the only state that had their own Grenzpolizei. They no longer exist.

Nico,

I think you forgot to attach the picture of the helmet. I would really like to see it.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

????
        Must be to big that it stuck in the net
        Attached Files

Comment

A typical police riot helmet. Nice one!

Comment

Nico,

Thanks for posting the picture of the helmet. First one I have seen in green.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

There was a Bavarian eBay seller that had a number of these a few months back. I'm pretty sure, as the others are, that these are the only type that were painted a color other than white.

The later Schuthbert helmet also came in white, but often a green cloth cover is worn over it.

The standard current helmets (not sure of manufacturer) appear to be black.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
                There was a Bavarian eBay seller that had a number of these a few months back. I'm pretty sure, as the others are, that these are the only type that were painted a color other than white.

The later Schuthbert helmet also came in white, but often a green cloth cover is worn over it.

Steve
                I also have new, cased BGS Anti Riot Helmets in a light blue Plastic.
                When I'm in storage next time, I'll try to find them.

Comment

Gents - Here's a scan of the Bavarian Border Police sleeve insignia.

All the best - TJ
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post

Steve
                    Hi there,

I have this unused Riot Helmet with the cloth cover. If current ones are black then when was this type phased out? Looks like the helmet has to be partly dismantled to fit the cloth cover and so I have not fitted it properly but only kind of put it over the helmet. Cheers, Torsten.
                    Attached Files

Comment

couple more pics of the helmet.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just been looking a bit more closely at the helmet and actually found the shell to be marked BUND and ROMER (which I assume to be maker) and dated for October 1992.

Comment

Nice example! Often the stickers are removed or at least scraped up.

The two predominant styles of helmets are named after the companies that made them. The earlier type, ROMER, is the one you have. The later type is SCHUTHBERT. I am not sure of the dates of manufacture, but I'd guess the ROMER type was used 1970s-1990s, the SCHUTHBERT type from late 1990s through today.

The covers for the SCHUTHBERT helmet have velcro strips that stick onto the helmet, the cover sticks to those. Looks like the ROMER type is better made.

Steve

Comment

Bavarian Border Police

i have some nice items from the short lived Bavarian Border Police ill post soon

Comment

Been away for 2 1/2 years so I apologize for updating an older post. But just for the record Hessen also had a Grenzpolizei with their own insignia (1946-1950).

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
                              If memory serves me right, Bayern was the only state that had their own Grenzpolizei. They no longer exist.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X