BGS/Polizei Leather Uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Gordon,

My jacket is not exactly the same... it doesn't have POLIZEI written on the back. I wish it did because the letters were there at one point, however someone removed them very carefully. Maybe specifications/regulations changed? I got this directly from a S-H officer so I know he didn't remove them and my other S-H items were not altered.

As for shoulder boards, these are the same as for the uniforms (of course). There are actually three primary types:

1. Button through both the strap and the rank
    2. Button attached to the strap and buttons through the rank
    3. Snap on the strap and snaps to the rank

This is definitely based on date. I have early jackets which have the traditional loop at the shoulder and a button attached to the jacket. This would be for #1. Type #3 was used once the jackets changed to the type with rectangular flap of material where the rank goes in one side and fixes to itself on the other side.

#2 seems to be a transitional type. I'm pretty sure I have examples that are manufactured like this, but I certainly have ones where the button was manually sewn onto the strap. This would allow an old type rank to be used on the new type uniform.

I'm pretty sure I've seen some rank on a thicker cloth. But I'd have to check that out.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Thanks for the info on the straps. I had only noticed the two types that I mentioned until I saw your post. I checked my police uniforms and one of my Bahnpolizei tunics has the buttons sewn to the shoulder of the tunic and the post 75 style boards buttoned into place. The tunic is date 1984 so that gives us some time frame for the use of this type of board. At least by the Bahnploizei.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gents,

Another leather polizei coat from S-H. This is a full length winter coat with a zip out pile lining. There is a hole through the coat and the lining, on the right side, to allow the pistol holster to hang outside the coat. A common feature of BRD polizei coats. The leather is of a much finer quality than that used in the shorted jackets.

Regards,

Gordon
        Attached Files

Comment

The only label that I could find in the coat.
          Attached Files

Comment

That's beautiful!! I'll ask my friends about this coat.

In the late 1970s various Polizei forces experimented with a vinyl coat like this, but it proved a bad idea. The vinyl lamination broke down and flaked off. I've had several of them and finding any that are in decent shape is hard to do. They are often referred to as "Gummimantel" or just "Gummi". Not a popular item with Polizei from what I can tell.

Based on this information and the look of the tag, I'd say this is 1980s or maybe even early 1990s production. I'm most curious about the purpose of it.

Steve

Comment

Steve,

This is one of the items that came with the complete set of S-H uniforms I bought. It looks like a coat for normal wear during the winter with the removable liner or in Spring and Fall without the liner. It does not show any signs of wear so I doubt that the guy that owned it wore it very much on duty. If he had, there would be signs of the holster rubbing against the right side.
              There are certainly no signs of deterioration either inside or outside of the coat. It is like new.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

"Steve,
                Are you positive the two piece suit listed is a motorcycle suit? I only ask because most vintage motorcycle jackets tend to have the zippers on the sleeves and some form of reinforcement in the shoulders, etc.

Clearly this suit was inspired by the WW2-era panzer uniform. I'm wondering if it's more likely to be some type of protective suit for a BGS or Polizei armored car or some open type of vehicle rather than a motorcycle."

In light of the 'link' which I posted to the Bundesgrezschutz thread, I believe this is a vehicle uniform dating from the 1960's.

Much more interesting than a motorcycle combination ........... IMO.

N

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...62#post6196562

Comment

Very interesting to see 1933 PPBerlin leather trousers like that! At first look I thought post war, but the stamp is pretty clear.

Steve

Comment

I found this unissued Nordrhein-Westfalen Polizei jacket in an Army-Navy shop in Gettysburg. It was my size (56) so I had to have it! The owner told me he bought it from the German government and had to sign a document that it would not be offered for sale in Germany.
                      Attached Files
                      Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Attached Files
                        Willi

Preußens Gloria!

sigpic

Sapere aude

Comment

Originally posted by Willi Z. View Post
                          I found this unissued Nordrhein-Westfalen Polizei jacket in an Army-Navy shop in Gettysburg. It was my size (56) so I had to have it! The owner told me he bought it from the German government and had to sign a document that it would not be offered for sale in Germany.
                          Maybe not 100% true as I know who has the Contract with the Police. They don't sell to everybody and it's a long procedure to get the Contracts.
                          For sure he bought it from a Wholesaler and there he had to sign, not to sell it to Germany. I had the same, but I'm allowed to sell them here to Cops or People with a Collectors Pass, telling that this Person is allowed to buy this Stuff.

http://www.berlin-military.com/index.php?a=6835
                          http://www.berlin-military.com/index.php?a=6556
                          http://www.berlin-military.com/index.php?a=796

Comment

Hi Steve,
                            back after a very long absence from WAF. Anyway, not sure, if you ever solved the id of uniform in first post (not see it 2011 for some reason), but it is a protective uniform for Sonderwagen crews. Probably Polizei, as BGS ones are more grey-green colour.

http://www.hotdogandsodacompany.de/h...tzanz%C3%BCge/

(scroll down)

Regards
                            Klaus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 6 users online. 0 members and 6 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X