No announcement yet.

Collar piping on 1960s jackets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have two tunics with branch colored piping on the collar, Panzergrenadier and Technical Troops (or maybe Medical, I can never be certain as to which color is which). In looking at the way the piping is sewn to the collar, I don't think there is anyway that a stripped tunic could be successfully restored. And, while I don't know how much these tunics are worth today, even if a professional tailor could restore one I think it may cost more than the tunic would be worth.

Here are pictures of each tunic. Oddly enough both are really small tunics, size 2, and do not appear to ever have been issued.
    Attached Files

Comment

Really great tunics in excellent condition. Very hard to find, even over here. Thanks for sharing!
      Regarding the different blue shades: This one seems to be Nachschub/Instandsetzung, Sanitätsdienst is a bit darker.

Lars

Comment

As these two are not the first unissued jackets of this type turning up in the states I persume that a big lot of these was sold as surplus to the states already in the 70ies ...waiting in the shelves of surplus dealers a long time as no one was interested in BW stuff in the states...

Lars, i don´t think they are hard to get over here...it´s near to impossible to get one ... . For every 100 officers tunics there seems to be only one of these. The number of Affenjacken grew faster in my collection then the number of piped tunics...

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
        X