Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Identify this belt-again!

Gentlemen,

This belt was posted once before and identified by a forum member as feuerwehr. They also posted a page from a Feuerwehr manual showing the belt in use with a hand held radio. I looked for the post but was unable to find it. I hope that the person who posted this page from the manual will do so once more to this thread.

Regards,

Gordon
    Attached Files

Hi Gordon,

Normally I have a very low regard for the search engine that this BBS software uses, but this time it came up with the right thread!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=radio&page=2

It helped to remember that the thread title had nothing to do with the radio

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Thanks a lot. I spent a lot of time searching before I asked for help.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Yep, BGS, also used by Feuerwehr and Police.

They are available in good numbers at Ebay.de at the moment. I think someone found a box of them...

Comment

Gordon,

My regard for the search engine is so low that even on my own Forum (which uses the same software) I generally wind up asking where things are. Very frustrating! In this case I remembered the thread title so it was much easier to find.

Hoover,

Argh... and I paid a LOT of money for the one I purchased a few months ago because, at the time, they were very rare. Oh well, that's the way things go sometimes!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
            Gentlemen,

This belt was posted once before and identified by a forum member as feuerwehr. They also posted a page from a Feuerwehr manual showing the belt in use with a hand held radio. I looked for the post but was unable to find it. I hope that the person who posted this page from the manual will do so once more to this thread.

Regards,

Gordon
            Just for curiosity, this belt is very similar, to one from Spanish Army.
            Which one was first?
            Also in the pic is an Spanish Davis type belt.
            JR

Comment

JR,

Good question. The BW belt would have come into use in approximately 1955. Since I have no knowledge of Spanish belts I can not answer your question.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Belt

Hi, JR,

the lower Belt on your picture is the french TAP50/53.

Best regards

Reiner

Comment

Possible a Spanish copy, I was told was used in ET and EA (Spanish Land Army and Air Army)
                  JR

Comment

Yes, that belt could be Spanish. The Spanish made them over a long period of time in various different colors. Here's a link to a thread I posted with my Spanish field gear:

http://iacmc.forumotion.com/t4472-sp...ar-help-needed

You can see this type of belt in the first and third pictures.

Steve

Comment

Belt

Ah, yes,

didnt´know that up to now.There seemed to be a lot of copying in the 50ies
                      and 60ies....there is even a belt which is looking like the first BW-Belt (looks like a crossing between the US-Pistol Belt and the british one).
                      Thank you Steve and JR, it´s always something to learn..

Best regards

Reiner

Comment

You are correct. A *lot* of copying in the 1950s. The Spanish borrowed designs from France, Germany, and of course the US. However, as you can see from my link... they also liked to make a ton of their own stuff! Very difficult to keep track of.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X