Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What does this Insignia Represent

Merry Christmas Guys.

I have recently acquired several Bundeswehr Jackets representing the three services and as I am very new to this area of collecting I was hoping somebody could shed some light on what these symbols represent. The first is on an army Hauptmann's jacket. The second is on a LW Senior Sgts jacket and finally the last is on a Navy Oberleutnants jacket. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

And the Third
    Attached Files

Comment

Phil,

These badges, as a group, are refered to as Tatigkeitsabzeichen. They indicate what the wearers trade is or where/how they are employed.
      The first badge is for Heer (army) personnel in general service.
      The second badge is for Luftwaffe (air force) personnel in general service.
      The third one is for Flugsicherungskontrolpersonal and I don't know exactly what their job would be. Perhaps someone else can be more specific.
      Each of the above badges comes in three classes; bronze, silver and gold. They are also available in metal versions and in subdued and camouflage cloth versions for other types of uniforms.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
        The third one is for Flugsicherungskontrolpersonal and I don't know exactly what their job would be. Perhaps someone else can be more specific.

ATC (Air Traffic Control). Working in tower or GCA of military air bases.

Merry Christmas to all!

Comment

Ramjet,

That would have been my guess from the obvious translation. Thanks for the confirmation.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thanks guys appreciate the help.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X