Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st model Gebirgsjäger jacket

Hello,
    according to the rules ( steve's rules ) i will show my GJ 50's jacket.
    It is worn after 1962 when the 1st Gebirgsdivison patch moved to the left side. The officer used his old style patch after 1962.
    Later i will show another GJ jacket wich is more interesting i think.

Regards, Christian

Excellent photos Christian! Thank you for following the rules

This is a beautiful jacket you have. Very rare too, from what I can tell.

The GJ badge on the left arm is also the oldest example I've seen. It appears to be much higher quality than the later types. Is the thread of the Edelweiß partly silver, or is it just a trick of the camera flash?

What award is the last ribbon (far right) for? I don't think I've seen that one before.

Thanks again!!

Steve

Comment

Hello Christian,

First, what a great tunic. Really excellent item.

Was the ribbon bar original to the tunic? Do you have any details on the previous owner? A name, perhaps? This is the type of uniform that, if possible, warrants some research of the previous owner's history. Obviously a doctor (going by the rank and waffenfarbe), I'd be interested to find out about his WW2 service and whether he was a Gebirgsjaeger during that conflict (if the ribbon bar is original to the tunic).

Again, a really lovely and interesting item. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Best regards,

Hugh

Comment

Christian,

Another nice jacket. You have made me curious as the your hints of the jacket yet to come. Hopefully that will appear tomorrow?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

VERY NICE jacket! They are just "German" enough to make them not look like a total copy of the Ike Jacket. I only own a 1997 Obertsabsfeldwebels issue jacket. I have never been lucky enough to find a tailored or early issue one like this. Congrats!

Comment

Hello,
            unfortunately there was no story with the jacket. The ribbonbar was there as i bought it. Maybe this ribbonbar is original to the tunic, but who knows? It fits perfectly to the loops at the tunic.
            The last ribbon is the "Hamburg Sturmflut Medal 1962".

The 1st Gebirgsdivision patch is a private purchased first version in highest quality. Hand embroidered with aluminum threads.

Regards, Christian

Comment

OK, here we go!
              Heres the other one 1st model GJ jacked.
              It's made of the same dark grey bad quality fabric as the early affenjacke wich makes this piece interesting. Produced months before introduced into the bundeswehr, so this could be one of the earliest.
              The rank chevron on the right arm is missing. Have fixed another one temporarily.

Regards, Christian

Comment

For comparison i will show my GJ affenjacke too.
                Same bad quality fabric, same colour.

Comment

Christian - Wonderful examples!

Thanks for sharing.

All the best - TJ

Comment

Christian,

Super fotos. I don't think that I have seen the first issue GJ tunic before except in pictures. Great reference for the day I may see one for sale.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Many Thanks!
                      At least i want to show some different 1. Gebirgsdivision patches first model.
                      They where worn between 1957 and 1962.

Best regards, Christian

Comment

Christian,

I must say the obvious... you have some of the most rare and beautiful early BW items. You have done very well with your collecting. Of course you are German, so you have the "home field advantage" compared to us non-Germans

Thanks for the pictures and of course we're interested in seeing more when you have time to post them.

Steve

Comment

Christian,

Thanks for the pictures of the first type GJ arm badges. Another nice reference.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hi, I am very pleased that you like my stuff. Will introduce even more different things from my early BW collection. Thank you all for your response.

Best regards, Christian

Comment

Christian,

I just noticed the pictures of BGS Sumpftarn hats in one of your pictures. After Weihnachten it would be very nice to see details of your hats. It is a topic that does not have a lot of information. I have a few hats I can take pictures of too.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X