Early BW tanker Helmet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early BW tanker Helmet

There is a BW tanker helmet for sale at a mall near where I live. I have never seen one like it before. Sort of like a WWII US helmet but a different shape with a leather liner like an FJ helmet. Can someone help me with Value? They want 35 US for it, it is close to mint.

We had a thread going about these a couple of months ago, but I can't find it using SEARCH. Sorry

At $35 you should pick it up if it's in decent condition. If it has large vent holes it is probably French, if it has small clusters of holes then it is probably German.

Steve

Comment

Johnny R,

Like Steve, I can not find the recent thread we did on these helmets. If I remember correctly, the BW used two helmets like you describe. One was very similar to the US model maade of leather and large holes but the holes were in a different location than on the WWII US hemlets. The other tankers helmet hdd an alunimum body and small holes. Sounds as though your is the former. I would jump at the chance to own one and $35.00 would be a very good deal, espceially in the condition you describe, to me.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
      X