FJ helmet (BW or BGS ?) value help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FJ helmet (BW or BGS ?) value help

Just got that one in, any infos? Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

In all probability a BW Versuchshelm (see example "E" in the collage I scanned from Baer's book in this recent thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=362510&page=5). It looks like the foam padding between the leather liner and the plastic liner band may have rotted away in the intervening years.

As for value, you are the lucky man who somehow manages to find loads of bargains every time you visit your neighborhood flea market. We should be the ones asking you what this thing is worth, not the other way around

FWIW, in the US, I've seen this type of helmet sell for anywhere from $100 to $200, but they are not common at all.

Gene T

Comment

Nice find!

The going rate is somewhere in the mid EUR 100 range. Size and condition appear to be part of the reason for the price range. I don't think I've seen one get even close to EUR 200.

Considering you can pick up just about any other BW helmet for EUR 30 or less (even Kevlar if you are patient)... proportionally these are VERY expensive.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Gene T View Post
        In all probability a BW Versuchshelm (see example "E" in the collage I scanned from Baer's book in this recent thread: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=362510&page=5). It looks like the foam padding between the leather liner and the plastic liner band may have rotted away in the intervening years.
        Thanks Gene, it really looks like the "E"-type. But there never was any foam, its in good condition.
        So another type of "Versuchshelm"? Makes me wonder how many they tested...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X