1988/89 TruVsu arm rank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1988/89 TruVsu arm rank

With the experimental Flecktarn uniforms of 1988 came a concept for velcro rank on the shoulders (just below the national flag). This concept was trialed for two years and then abandoned. The rank badges made for the uniform are unique and difficult to obtain. In fact, I am looking to make any of the 4 badge below into a matching pair. If anybody can help me with that, please let me know.

Thanks,

Steve

I think I have some Gefreiter and Obergefreiter left as Pairs.

Comment

Nico,

Put a pair of each away for me.

Steve,

I don't remeber seeing these before, or if I did I didn't know what they were for. I'll have to check all my Truppenversuch uniforms for this size velcro.
      You come up with the darndest things!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
        Nico,

Put a pair of each away for me.

Steve,

I don't remeber seeing these before, or if I did I didn't know what they were for. I'll have to check all my Truppenversuch uniforms for this size velcro.
        You come up with the darndest things!

Regards,

Gordon
        Sadly I missed a bunch of Steingrau Shirts in a wholesale Dealers Depot (somebody sold them to another Dealer without the bosses permission) with Velcro on the Arms, so i had to buy other Truppenversuch Shirts.

Comment

Steingrau with velcro on the arms? This is a new one for me.

As far as I know the BW trialed 5 types of Steingrau uniforms; A, B, C, D, an E. There were three designs, another two were the same but with Aramid (fire resistant) cloth content. None of them had velcro on the arms, as far as I know.

Gordon,

I'm a camo junkie first an a BW junkie second. Add the two together and you can take a guess at where I spend most of my collecting interests (and sadly, money!)

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post

As far as I know the BW trialed 5 types of Steingrau uniforms; A, B, C, D, an E. There were three designs, another two were the same but with Aramid (fire resistant) cloth content. None of them had velcro on the arms, as far as I know.

Gordon,

I'm a camo junkie first an a BW junkie second. Add the two together and you can take a guess at where I spend most of my collecting interests (and sadly, money!)

Steve
            Yes, they had them. They put 40 at the side for me, but sadly a worker sold them, but they didn't told me who bought them. I only have 25 of an Aramid Version I think to remember.

Comment

Steve,

Two 1988 TruVsu Flektarn jackets arrived in the mail today. Both had velcro patches below the flag but unfortunately no rank patches in place which really would have been too much to ask! Thanks to you and this thread I now know what goes on these velcro patches.

Regards,

Gordon

Gordon,

Steve
              Last edited by Gordon Craig; 12-09-2010, 09:23 AM.

Comment

Hi Nico,

That's a real shame. I double checked my tiny bits of information it and appears to be TruVsu 88 Modell A. I do not have pictures of it so that is why I don't remember it.

Gordon,

Glad to help. Which models of shirts did you receive? I think there was only 1988 Modell A and Modell B. Feldjacke appears to have had 8 models between the two tests (1988 and 1989) and 6 models of trousers (all 1988). These are all in Flecktarn.

Looks like I should dig out all my stuff and take pictures of 'em

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Steve,

Now that sounds like a great idea, with a chart type image showing the different patterns (like the BGS image).

Marc

Comment

Steve,

I received 2 Model BI jackets. I was hoping for two different variations but no such luck. Same maker and same contract number.

Regards,

Gordon

Hi Nico,

That's a real shame. I double checked my tiny bits of information it and appears to be TruVsu 88 Modell A. I do not have pictures of it so that is why I don't remember it.

Gordon,

Glad to help. Which models of shirts did you receive? I think there was only 1988 Modell A and Modell B. Feldjacke appears to have had 8 models between the two tests (1988 and 1989) and 6 models of trousers (all 1988). These are all in Flecktarn.

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Hi Gordon,

Dang, that's the same one I have. And it looks like there might have been more than 2 shirts from the 1988 trials. My notes say only two types, but since we have B I shirts that implies more than just two. Which makes sense because there appeared to be six test groups for 1988:

A
                      A I
                      A II
                      B
                      B I
                      B II

I'll spend some time this weekend documenting all my 1988/89 TruVsu items and take some pictures to post here. I'll also check and see if I have any spares. Not likely, but it is possible!

Cheers,

Steve

Comment

Steve,

I'll do the same but I'll wait until you post your photos to avoid duplicates.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gents - I'm glad somebody finally started a thread on this subject.

I recall seeing a mannequin at the Munster Museum that was kitted out in a Flecktarn field jacket with the experimental rank. I made a note to research this area at the time but never got around to doing anything about it.

A couple of years ago, a badged up Flecktarn shirt popped up on Manion's and went for a song. I only noticed after the fact that the shirt had the experimental rank.....

In any event, thanks for starting the thread.

All the best - TJ

Comment

Gents - I managed to dig up a picture of the mannequins described above.

The rank on the figure on the left was new to me. It had the two stripes of the Oberfeldwebel, but with three discs embroidered above these (a new way to designate Oberstabsfeldwebel?). Perhaps there wasn't room to sew this rank in the conventional manner?

It also appears, in this picture anyway, that the rank patch has a black border. Note too the experimental helmet cover and early oliv pattern web gear of the new style.

The figure on the right has rank patches with a kelly green rank and border as shown earlier.

All the best - TJ
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                            X