JR. on WAF - medamilitaria@gmail.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes ebay is a true treasure hoard...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sometimes ebay is a true treasure hoard...

Scrolling through millions of scrappy auctions I stumbeled over an auction advertising a whole collection ... some scrappy pictures, no further information. Some grey stuff in the pictures ... all with one unit emblem looking as 5th Panzerdivision. Boots, helmets, fieldgear and olive green cloth ... . Starting at 1,- €. Three days later still no bid, then the auction disapeared ... .Contacted the seller askeing what happened. To my wonder he replied ... and did not remove it for a external bid, he just feared that all the stuff would go for only 1,- . As it was just 1 hour to drive I made a visit for the next day....

The stuff turned out as mostly coming from a guy serving in PzGren Brigade 13 between the early 60ies and the late 80ies. The jackets ranged from a "Affenjacke" for a Leutnant to a late 80ies dress jacket for a Major. Most of the fieldgear was also from this guy .... plus some things from other source as a 1936 made Sturmgepäck or Wehrmach origin ...

O.k., I paid more then 1,- ... but my sedan was filled up a little. And here a little preview ...
    Attached Files

more
    Attached Files

Comment

w
      Attached Files

Comment

Meanwhile I went to the pile, the moleskin stuff ist turning in the washing machine, some of the grey stuff is at the dry cleaner ... pictures will follow when all is dry and back home ....

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Jens - Awesome grab!

The affenjacke looks to be in great condition. What else can you tell us about the splittertarn helmet cover?

Congratulations on a great buy.

All the best - TJ

Comment

TJ, on first look the short jacket was near to perfect, a closer look revealed some trace of usage and age - a repair around a button, a scratch on the backside plus a small moth demage - but oposite to most other jackets it was never stripped of its insignia.

The helmet cover could be described as fieldmade ... roughly cut out and sewn together parts. Pictures will follow !

Regards,

Jens

Comment

You did VERY well! I lost out a few weeks ago on a couple of Affenjacken. Each went for probably much more than you spent for the whole collection. Which is why I, as a seller, make sure I put up good descriptions and pictures.

Now you just have to find some more space for all these things!

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post

Now you just have to find some more space for all these things!

Steve
                Well said ! Although already two or three cubic-meters of "reserve stuff" moved from my collection room to the attic there is no more room left ... ... not to mention the leftovers of the big hoard still filling the cellar ....

Steve, was there a lot of Affenjacken i did miss ?

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Jens,

Nice small "hoard". Some interesting looking stuff!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Some details ... the FJ helmet from the 60ies
                    Attached Files

Comment

The splinter cover ...
                      Attached Files

Comment

more
                        Attached Files

Comment

Some knitted gloves of the first years
                          Attached Files

Comment

The Affenjacke ...
                            Attached Files

Comment

The Hauptmann from the 60ies
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X