Riot Police Gear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun factoid for friends and family

The vest I have, with Level 3 plates, was made by Sitek. I guess I can now date it to be made sometime before 1995! That's quite helpful, actually.

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

I received my riot set from Sportsmans Guide today. Wow! What a fun thing to put on and not have to worry about tear gas and molotovs And Gene is right... what a space eating pig this thing is!

Mine came with an extra... armored goggles! It's similar to motorcycle goggles or the top half of a civilian gasmask. The original box they came was found smashed at the bottom of the bag.

As for dating these sets, the instructions mention 1989 test standards, so that would be the earliest this set was manufactured. Gene found mid 1990s dates, which means we have a time bracket of roughly 1989 to 1995. That seems consistent with other information we have.

Steve

Comment

The Colour Question? BAVARIA

Did the Bavarians keep there Police units in Green? I know they had dug in their collective heels, desiring to keep the Landes Polizei unique.

Timo

Comment

I don't think so. Recent EU laws specify the uniforms must be some shade of blue. I don't think there can be an exception for that.

Steve

Comment

Gentlemen,

I looked on the Bavarian Police web site and the banner on their site still shows their police in green uniforms. A wiki site on the Landespolizei says that, in 2010, Hesse and Bavaria have no intentions to change their police uniforms from green to blue.
            Steve is correct that it is a EU requirement for all countries to change their police uniforms to blue. However, police are state controlled in Germany and it will be interesting to see how long it will be in the future before Hesse and Bavaria done blue uniforms. I think it is only a matter of time and perhaps money?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

heh... it will be interesting to see how this plays out! My guess is the same as Gordon's... eventually they will give in and change the uniforms to comply with both German and EU standards.

I wonder if Hesse and/or Bayern will introduce new green uniforms, in a similar cut as the blue, or if they will just continue to use their existing green types. I think if they do role out new green uniforms that will indicate how much they are prepared to fight the standardization.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,823 at 04:29 PM on Today.

Working...
              X