West German Forestry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

West German Forestry

Today I start to post my WG Forestry Patches. some are still hidden, so they'll come later.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Nico,

Great stuff on the State Forestry arm badges. Are the gold ones worn by all officers or just the very senior ones and if so at what rank?

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon,
        I really don't know. Maybe we have to wait for our little Monster to answer the Question. Somewhere I also must have Brandanburg Patches in silver and gold incl. the matching cap Eagles. Berlin is obsolete now. The New Uniforms are blue!!! Don't ask me why.

Comment

Gordon,
          the gold ones were (are) only worn by the very senior officers- the leading officials in the german states ( Bundesländer) forestry branch. ( and the Bundesforst as well)
          Their ranks were Ministerialrat and Ministerialdirigent. (same like in TR and with same shoulderboards)
          The shoulderboards have a goldcoloured inlay and golden acorns.

The more or less official reason given for blue forestry uniform was that more and more Policemen have been mixed up with Foresters due to the green uniform (supposed).
          It was typical for our Berlin politicians ignoring the fact that at the same time the police force in other states had aready got blue uniforms and that it would only take some years before all states would adopt them. That was in 2005.
          Today even the Berlin Police is changing to blue uniforms.

I think they only wanted to get rid of the very traditional uniform and so they not only changed the appearance but also the colour.
          By the way the forestry hat is still green!!!! ( but has another style than the old one).

Best Wishes
          Stefany ( little monster)

Comment

Originally posted by foersterBerlin View Post
            Gordon,
            the gold ones were (are) only worn by the very senior officers- the leading officials in the german states ( Bundesländer) forestry branch. ( and the Bundesforst as well)
            Their ranks were Ministerialrat and Ministerialdirigent. (same like in TR and with same shoulderboards)

The more or less official reason given for blue forestry uniform was that more and more Policemen have been mixed up with Foresters due to the green uniform (supposed).
            It was typical for our Berlin politicians ignoring the fact that at the same time the police force in other states had aready got blue uniforms and that it would only take some years before all states would adopt them. That was in 2005.

I think they only wanted to get rid of the very traditional uniform and so they not only changed the appearance but also the colour.
            By the way the forestry hat is still green!!!! ( but has another style than the old one).

Best Wishes
            A while ago i saw the news in Berlin (Abendschau) about a problem with Boars in private Gardens and their damages and the Forestry guy had a blue BB Cap with Forestry Badge, I thought that's the downfall of human life.

Comment

Originally posted by uscob View Post
              ...and the Forestry guy had a blue BB Cap with Forestry Badge, I thought that's the downfall of human life.
              It´s just another sign for the german phobia on any kind of uniform ! Especially thanks to the growing of PC and the Third Reich-paranoia of the last years anything looking like a classic uniform is bah-bah...wearing a stiff visor cap Oh god, I´m looking like a Obersturmbanführer .... the new blue police uniforms look like a combination of sport-dress and american postal service dress ...

Jens

Comment

Gordon,

Best Wishes
                Stefany,

Thanks. That is what I thought would be the case re the gold badges. Thanks for confirming that fact. If you have a picture of the new blue uniforms of the Forestry Service would you please send me one via email.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Excellent thread on an obscure "for me" topic. Great pics and discussion.

I had to laugh when I seen the comment on Boars, while stationed in Baumholder in the mid 70's the one thing we were always scared of was getting run down by a Boar while in the field late at night. The Boars would come into our bivouac site at night and knock over the garbage cans next to the mess truck. They liked mess hall chow.

Comment

Our "little Monster" has a funny Story about "Boars" in her Garden what was next to the Brit HQ in Berlin. Maybe she'll tell you.

Comment

Gents,

Boards were a real problem when I was stationed in the north of France. One boar even attacked a volkswagen beetle one night. The beetle got the worst of it. Lets hear the story Stefany!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Wildeschweine

One of my Mess staff was attacked by Wildeschweine while on Re-forger 81 in Wildflecken, Germany.

We have them running loose in New Hampshire now since they escaped from a Wildlife Preserve a few years ago.

Comment

Gordon,
                          just send me Your e-mail via PM. I will send You a scan of our Berlin forestry uniform.

The story Nico (USCOB) mentioned her is not from me.
                          But the " boars" in our garden not only had four legs .

Today you will hardly be able to drive them away from your gardens, they simply have no no fear of loud noises.
                          Some years ago You made them flight by firing an empty air rifle.

But I like boars /Wildschweine - served with Knödel and red cabbage !

Best Wishes
                          Stefany

Comment

Stefany,

Thanks. I look forward to the scans.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon,
                              just send me Your e-mail via PM. I will send You a scan of our Berlin forestry uniform.

The story Nico (USCOB) mentioned her is not from me.
                              But the " boars" in our garden not only had four legs .

Today you will hardly be able to drive them away from your gardens, they simply have no no fear of loud noises.
                              Some years ago You made them flight by firing an empty air rifle.

But I like boars /Wildschweine - served with Knödel and red cabbage !

Best Wishes
                              Stefany
                              You only think about cooking

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X