Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First pattern Bw E-tool carrier

HI!

I am still looking for the first pattern e-tool carrier (for upward carrying), but I am sure that I won´t find one.

I have 5 of the grey web carriers 2nd type but no first one.

Do anyone here has one in his collection?
    I would need some detailed pics of the carrier. One of my 2nd type seems to be altered with added belt loops and removed old straps.

Bye
    Frank

P.S.: I would pay good money for a first type carrier...

Frank - I think Jens posted these pictures awhile back.

All the best - TJ
    Attached Files

Comment

# 2.

This looks like an "ami" e-tool.
      Attached Files

Comment

It looks like this carrier was slung around the shoulder like the ABC mask.

I've never seen this carrier before; not even in the museums at Koblenz and Munster.

Good hunting Frank!

All the best - TJ
        Attached Files

Comment

Kameraden - Seen below is my current understanding of BW e-tools. Where am I wrong?

All the best - TJ
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi TJ,

nice pic, ob that it is the 2nd type. I (and my collector frineds) don´t count the BGS leather carrier. That´s why the web carriert with straps is the 1st apttern for us.

I am knowing no museum who has the early Bw carrier. Is that possible?

On the pic the e-tool carriers US-type (folding type) are missing.
            The first ones were US made, later ones (80´s) were German made.

Bye
            Frank

Comment

Yes, TJ, the picture from the strange spade was made by me. It was taken in the WTS Koblenz were it is displayed in the "50 years BW" display. The only other picture of this spade is hidden somewhere in the Bundeswehr-Lovers thread and was from an english guy. To my knowledge this is the first type of E-tool made for the BW. All WH type spades are leftovers from the BGS. The chest rig with the ideal-like spade is the second type, to my knowledge it exists in at least two different sub-types. The spade is 90% identical with the later ideal spade while the pouch is near to the web type carrier from the 1959/60 Ideal production. Last year I came 5 minutes to late to get one ....

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Now I am knowing one collector who ownes 2 carriers. But he won´t sell one, not even for 150 €.

The early Bw tool is also pictured in Gelboliv Vol. 2.

Comment

As I found one of those today at a fleamarket, I take the opportunity to ask what they go for. Thanks in advance.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The leather or the web one? The leather carrier goes for 10 €...with e-too.
                    The web carrier is much more worth. And if the small saw in the web carrier pocket is in place...70 € w/o problems.

Comment

Comment

Yes, that type of web carrier I am looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by hoover View Post
                          The leather or the web one? The leather carrier goes for 10 €...with e-too.
                          The web carrier is much more worth. And if the small saw in the web carrier pocket is in place...70 € w/o problems.
                          Just in ;-)
                          Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X