Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wachbatallion Jacket

Hi all,

I recently purchased a grey Heer Wachbatallion jacket. Its dated 1999 and has the loops and buttons for detachable shoulder boards, unlike the regular grey jackets that are sewn to a cloth tab thats in the shoulder seam.

Why are the shoulder boards detachable on the Wachbatallion tunics? Does anybody have a pair so I can complete my jacket?

Thanks!! Daniel

Originally posted by PASSAUER8884 View Post
    Hi all,

I recently purchased a grey Heer Wachbatallion jacket. Its dated 1999 and has the loops and buttons for detachable shoulder boards, unlike the regular grey jackets that are sewn to a cloth tab thats in the shoulder seam.

Why are the shoulder boards detachable on the Wachbatallion tunics? Does anybody have a pair so I can complete my jacket?

Thanks!! Daniel
    I can ask my Captain in the Wachbatallion for this. Maybe decause they also use them for Drill and they have to be cleaned more often.

Comment

Daniel,

A lot of Wachbatallion tunics have come on the market recently that have loops for removable shoulderstraps but are without the straps. Both for the Heer and the Luftwaffe. They all seem to be dated between 1999 to 2001. The quality of the cloth used in the tunics, and of the insignia, is of much higher quality than those of normal issue uniforms. Why they are different is not clear at the moment. Perhaps Nico can give us an answer. I have one of my Wachbatallion tunics with slip on type boards but they are not of the same high quality material as the tunic.

Regards,

Gordon

Originally posted by PASSAUER8884 View Post
      Hi all,

Thanks!! Daniel

Comment

Adding to Gordon's comments...

The boards are extremely difficult to find. The standard button on ranks have a very dark gray background and are used for the service shirt and various dress coats. The ones that both Gordon and I have aren't an exact match, but they are definitely of a higher quality gray wool and therefore must have been intended for jackets like this.

I have a private purchase officer's jacket from (probably) the early 1970s or perhaps late 1960s. It also has button on rank and the whole uniform is a much higher quality than contemporary uniforms of the day.

Steve

Comment

Reserecting this old thread to ask the experts if it's become any easier to find slip-on/removable officer epaulets for the blue, 4-pocket Luftwaffe tunic. One of the posts above said they are "extremely difficult" to find. Can the slip-ons be found through normal uniform channels, or are they a custom-order item?

Thanks!

Comment

I think they're exclusive to the WB. I'll try to get some next week.
            Originally posted by Scott C. View Post
            Reserecting this old thread to ask the experts if it's become any easier to find slip-on/removable officer epaulets for the blue, 4-pocket Luftwaffe tunic. One of the posts above said they are "extremely difficult" to find. Can the slip-ons be found through normal uniform channels, or are they a custom-order item?

Thanks!

Comment

Hi fellows,

I had two guys form the WB in my old unit.
              They still had their tunics(!!) and a box full of slip-on shoulder boards(pinned with different enlisted men ranks - Heer and Luftwaffe boards) and single metal ranks.

I have asked one of them and he told me that they have received this box by their old Spieß
              (It was just one of the regular boxes were the shoulder boards came in).

He also told me that they just slipt on what shoulder board is / was needed.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,
              Philipp
              Last edited by Towarish; 06-26-2011, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott C. View Post

Thanks!
                Scott,

WB tunics are made of a better quality cloth than the regular issue ones. If you put regular issue boards ona tunic the difference is very noticeable. So far, I have never seen any WB boards for sale. Neither Luft nor Heer. Plenty of jackets around without boards dated from 1999 to 2001.

Nico,

If you can get any WB boards please get me a Luft and a Heer set. Any rank will do.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

I'd love to get a set for Heer if possible! I have two pairs, plus the one I sent to Gordon, and they are all definitely not standard issue. However, they are also not an exact match for the WB tunics. They also appear to be using different cloth from each other too! It is possible the ones I have are for 1960s/1970s private purchase jackets. I have such a jacket and it's pretty close.

Steve

Comment

Gordon - thanks. Facinating how the WB tunics are relativeley common, but the slip-on boards are so scarce.

Nico - if you have a source for good quality slip-on Luftwaffe officer boards (company grade or field grade) with yellow piping, I'd buy a pair as well!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X