Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seeking Flecktarn Luftwaffe ranks

Hello all;

Please forgive me if this has been already posted on this forum at all.

I am new here, Active USAF and I just picked up a Bundeswehr Flecktarn combat parka and obviously I would like to accessorize it up with some ranks in the respective camo pattern.

Problem is, I can't find them on Ebay (are they that hard to find)); however I did find a store in the US that has them, but did not order from them seeing as it's not cost effective to order a $5 set of ranks and pay $10 S&H to my address in Texas

I am wondering if anyone on here has a couple of sets they are willing to trade off or sell, if not if they can point me in the right direction. I'm specifically looking for the Unteroffizier or the Hauptgefreiter (both sets have the wings under the ranks). Please contact me at combattrucker70 AT yahoo DOT com if anyone can help. Thanks very much!

Craig

Craig - I think I have some of the older white on OD versions with eagle that you could have to hold you over until you track down the fully subdued versions. These would be correct for the early 90s when flecktarn was initially fielded. Send me a PM if you're interested. If I have extras, you can have them free of charge.

I'd also reach out to Jens ("Asbjoern") and Nico ("Uscob"). They are German based collectors who have a knack for putting their hands on hard to find items. They're very reasonable and quick to help out fellow forum members.

Good luck on the hunt and make sure you post some pictures when your set-up is put together.

All the best - TJ

Comment

Craig - A couple of years back I lucked into this completely badged-up flecktarn shirt at the local Army-Navy store.

As you can see here, its owner still used the old style shoulder boards. I can't recall having actually seen subdued boards with Luftwaffe wings; has anyone else?

All the best - TJ
      Attached Files

Comment

BW shoulder board variations.
        Attached Files

Comment

Another view of the Luftwaffe shirt. Note the Sicherungspersonal badge (featuring a highly stylized flak cannon), Fuehrungsdienstpersonal badge, and U.S. Army expert marksman badge.
          Attached Files

Comment

Right pocket with Leistungabzeichen.

As we can see, there was a mixture of non-subdued and subdued special skill badges on flecktarn backing and old style rank insignia.

All the best - TJ
            Attached Files

Comment

All very nice! The US Army rifle badge on the pocket is a nice touch, and in my 5 years in the service I have never seen this sort of badge embroidered on Fleck material.

As soon as I get the shoulder boards and a Motor Transport badge on Fleck material, pictures will be forthcoming.

Side note; Years ago I had seen BW shirts at the surplus store back home with silver, green, red and yellow loops below where the ranks would go. What did these signify?

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Trucker View Post

Side note; Years ago I had seen BW shirts at the surplus store back home with silver, green, red and yellow loops below where the ranks would go. What did these signify?
                They are the ARM OF SERVICE colours, which match the colour of the collar badges worn on the service dress jacket.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Sherriff View Post
                  They are the ARM OF SERVICE colours, which match the colour of the collar badges worn on the service dress jacket.
                  Did the Luftwaffe have their own color or did they just wear the shoulder rank only?

Comment

Originally posted by Combat Trucker View Post
                    Did the Luftwaffe have their own color or did they just wear the shoulder rank only?
                    Shoulder rank only.

Comment

Thanks goes to TJ for setting me up with a few sets of various ranks. As soon as I get some other things for it pictures will be forthcoming. I'm still after a few different ranks, either in Luftwaffe blue, Fleck camo or OD.

Once again, thanks for the help from all!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X