BW parachute badges for review Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BW parachute badges for review Part 2

Further to the previous thread of BW para badges, here are more for your comments:

Here is an example of the 1985-1986 test design, in metal. This is a manufacturer sample, and is marked on the card with company name and the word werksmuster, which means work sample. This badge is stamped thinly out of very light metal, with a vaulted shape and two clutchback pins.

Here is a set of a proposed design that was apparently never made in metal. I found such a set, on the manufacturer's card. These badges are also stamped thinly out of very light metal, with a vaulted shape and two clutchback pins.

And, finally, some more variations on the Assmann 2nd series BW para badges:

achern - Exquisite examples the likes of which I had not seen before.

Thank you very much for sharing.

All the best - TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas J. Cullinane Jr. View Post
      achern - Exquisite examples the likes of which I had not seen before. Thank you very much for sharing.
      All the best - TJ
      Am more than happy to share them, Tom.

Can I ask if anyone knows anything about the Overhoff GmbH + Cie. from Ludenscheid? This was the company that made these work samples and most of these badges that I obtained came on good, high quality cards bearing this printed name.

Comment

achern,

Overhoff GmbH + Cie. from Ludenscheid has been making badges etc. in Germany for many years. They were a prolific maker of badges during the Third Reich period. As you can see, they continued making badges after the end of WWII for the BRD.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thanks for the info, Gordon.

I've got several of these prototype wings, and all appear to have been made by the Overhoff company.

I'm wondering if anybody else who made badges for the BRD also made these prototype parachute wings that were not adopted in the end.

Also, I don't think these metal prototypes are particularly rare, but I'm wondering how come nobody has ever shown them before, and that they aren't featured in Harry Pugh's German para book.

Comment

'57 FJ Badge

I've owned the attached badge for maybe 15 yrs, but it appears to differ from those illustrated due to its solid construction and stud fitting, rather than pin fittings, on the reverse. Any ideas as to manufacturer or provenance ?

015 by rjkg, on Flickr

011 by rjkg, on Flickr

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X