BGS flare case?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BGS flare case?

I've had this case for a while now and was wondering if someone can help me identify and date it. My guess is late 1950s or early 1960s BGS.

There are no markings on it at all. Here are pictures of the front and interior:

Note that all black trim and other pieces are leather, not vinyl. It came with a green shoulder strap (see first picture) with a small black leather loop for holding spare strap. I do not know if the strap is original or not.

Anybody have a picture of the signal pistol and holster that would match this flare holder?

Thanks!

Steve

Yes it is BGS Signaltasche, probably from 1960s.

Photo 5 on page shows similar pouch used in 1950s (I cannot copy photos from site). The holsters look like black leather Astra version. I know later they used grey/olive rubberised holster, but not sure when this introduced.

http://www.beim-alten-bgs.de/Zu_den_...d/im_feld.html

regards
    Klaus

Comment

Steve - I got this set-up from Numrich Gun Parts a while back.

I'm pretty sure I posted it on the old "Bundeswehr Lovers" thread and as indicated by Klaus, determined that it was BGS issue. Also note the BGS pine green sling on the Bundeswehr "oliv" model holster.

All the best - TJ
      Attached Files

Comment

Cool... I'll presume the case, at least, is BGS from now on. Thanks guys!

TJ,

Ah... so that's where I got it from I couldn't remember which gun shop I found this at. And yes, I got the pistol and the holster as well.

The holster seems to me to be BW, of course. However, I don't think the BW would have a bright green strap with a leather adjustment on it. So either the straps we got with our purchase are for the flare case or for something entirely different, and also likely old Polizei/BGS baed on color construction.

Klaus,

Thanks for pointing me to that photo. Funny... it's one I know VERY well because of the Splittertarn uniform. One of only a handful that I've ever seen. Of course if the one TJ and I have is identical to the one in the picture then it's at least mid 1950s issue, which makes sense because after 1958 or so the BGS got much better about putting identifying marks on their stuff.

Thanks!

Steve
        Last edited by Collectinsteve; 05-06-2010, 12:22 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X