Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these West German insignia?

Hello,
    I mainly collect US items, but these came in a group of other patches I bought. I believe some of them might be West German??? Can anyone identify any of them for me? Thanks so much in advance!!
    Attached Files

Top row, first piece looks to be a DDR Unteroffizier rank. The next two are tourist type "town" patches. Basel is in Switzerland, I can't read the name on the other one.

Bottom row, middle rank looks to possible East German Major. The patch to the right is a WG Bundeswehr command patch. Not sure what unit.

My mistake, the 1st row should be East German (DDR) not West German
    Last edited by Huntzman; 04-26-2010, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Upper right and lower left are very interesting to me because I haven't a clue what they might be The others are as Huntzman described.

Steve

Comment

Thanks so much guys!! I think that these are West German as well, but I am not positive about the rank and stripes. The epaulet appears to be of a different construction than some of my other West German ranks. I really appreciate the help!
        Attached Files

Comment

I agree with four of the items beeing BW stuff... beginning on the left side there is a rank insignia for a "Hauptgefreiter" (the three stripes), belonging to the tunic of the mess-uniform of the 60ies. In the middle there are three collar tabs: the green one for enlisted men of the infantry (Grenadiere), the blue one for enlisted men of the logistics branch (or if its dark in reality then on the picture) the medic branch, and as last, a Luftwaffe collar tab for NCOs. The slip on schoulder rank is not of BW origin...

Jens

Comment

The slipon rank on the right is most likely Dutch.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X