MP - Visors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP - Visors

Does anybody here have visor cap of the Feldjäger branche made in the 60ies ?

I recently aquired a BW visor dated, to 1969 by the sweat-shield (Bamberger Mützenindustrie, NSN 8405-12-137-7228), still dark grey with a removable top. The top can be taken of in the same way as on the marine hats and it is secured by a single press-button in the front which is placed just under the crossed sword emblem. The top wich came with the hat is also dark grey and it has an orange piping, while the lower part of the hat is without pipink...

Standart MP hat ?? Is there a second top in white (which then is missing for my hat)??

Jens

Jens,

I have never seen a cap like this but it makes sense that a Feldjager would need different tops for their caps hence a removable top one. My reference material doesn't mention a hat like this one although Kunstwald says "Für feldjäger wurde eine Mütze mit weißem Bezug beschafft, der aus Stoff, Kunstoff oder Leder bestand" so the Feldjager had a white topped cap in different materials and it would be a lot simpler to issue one hat with interchangeable tops than to issue the Feldjager several different caps. Something else for me to be on the lookout for!

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

O.K. to make it a bit more visual here some pictures of this hat:

Jens

Comment

Jens,

Great photos. Very interesting hat design and a little different than the naval ones as they snap together differently.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X