whats a title like this worth ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats a title like this worth ??

This is for the the govts personal guards....anybody have any info on this ir stuff from this outfit as in desireability or in value? Thanks...are they tough to get or common?

juoneen,

These cuffband are common and don't cost very much. I'd say about US$10.00 would be max. Some Wachbataillon items are sought after such as berets with cap badges, authentic uniforms for Heer and Luftwaffe especially of they come complete with belt/cross strap and breast hanger. Parade Boots are probably the costliest item followed by Parade Helmets.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

How pricey are the tunics w/ tabs but / no belt/ no beret/ no boots?, and thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
        How pricey are the tunics w/ tabs but / no belt/ no beret/ no boots?, and thanks for the help.
        Not very pricey at all.
        Anyways, Wachbtl. tunics are top quality tunics compared to the average EM/NCO tunics.

Comment

juoneen,

Price of an authentic tunic, c/w boards, depends upon where you live. Recently, these tunics have come on the market without shoulder boards in fairly large numbers. Possibly you have seen these tunics advertised somewhere. It is hard to say if these have been released as surplus or made up by someone like Sturm. I've seen these tunics advertised in a local surplus store for C$75.00 which is more than I would pay. They have been on Manions for US$50.00 and when you add on their additional costs it would be more than I would buy them for locally. For an authentic tunic, c/w boards, I would expect to pay around US$75.00 to purchase one in North America. You might be able to pay less than that for a comparable tunic in Europe but the cost of shipping it to North America would make it more expensive in the long run. Also, many of the tunics I have seen on ebay.de are made up tunics and not authentic ones.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Ditto what Gordon said. In fact, I picked up two of these a while ago and managed to find shoulder rank for them. They are quite different than contemporary tunics in several ways. The quality of wool is higher, the shoulder rank is buttoned on (instead of sewn on), and the pocket corners are sewn to the pocket for an always crisp look. I imagine the trousers are higher quality too, but I've never seen something like that myself.

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X