1960 Berlin Polizei Sumpftarn uniform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon,

Yeah, we drifted quite a bit. Well, at least from a technical collector's standpoint. I think most people wouldn't be able to tell the difference

Michel,

I think we should start up a new thread on the different Sumpftarn items. I'll get started on documentation and images for that.

The "post" type snap is a very unusual thing to see. The bottom (male) side is a skinny post with a small nob on the end. The top (female) has two spring clips. It is most similar to the type used on US military field gear since before and after WW2. The difference is that for the Germans the top has the typical pebble snap outside. This means it looks no different than any other German pebble snap. I have several arm pocket flaps that have the "post" type but I have never seen a jacket or parka with them.

Thanks!

Steve
    Last edited by Collectinsteve; 01-13-2011, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Steve,

I think we drifted more than a bit. As Moderators I/we haven't said much about keeping on topic but in the future I think that we should be more aware of this part of our job. I'd appreciate it if you would start a new BGS thread so we can discuss these artifacts there.

Michael,

I think that you may have missed my point. This thread was started to discuss Berlin Police cammouflage clothing and should stay with that topic. The last several posts have been on BGS cammouflage clothing and do not really belong in this thread. Please wait until Steve starts a new BGS thread and post your BGS pictures there.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon,

Will do, I just thought sice I was posting anyway I could put up the picture, sorry about that.
        I'll be waiting for the new thread

Cheers,
        Michel

Comment

Michael,

No need to appologize but thanks for understanding what I am trying to do here.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

"Stud" on BGS-Jacket

Hi Steve,

I just got a BGS-Jacket with the "Studs" you mentioned.
            It´s an early 3rd Type Jacket, with the Label of Paul Schulze, Brakel, Contract
            Nr. 329/67, BGS, manufactured 3/68. The pebbled spring buttons are of the
            "Stocko" Brand. Sorry, no camera in the moment to shoot fotos.

Best regards from Germany

Reiner

Comment

I found this thread by mistake, and coincidentally have something to add to it.

I just received a 1967 dated 3rd Model Jacket with the "post" type snaps. This confirms what I have suspected and that is the parka and jacket were produced and issued at the same time, even though finding a 1967 dated jacket is extremely difficult. They must have only started production towards the end of the year since it's easy to find 1968 and later jackets. The 1968 examples I've seen have standard "ring" snaps for the arm pocket.

Steve

Comment

Maybe something to add to this thread? I just got this large size PP Berlin dated suit in. Jacket and trousers are both dated 1960, just like the original poster had. Sadly, the pics that started this thread are no longer available to compare
                Attached Files

Comment

Would anyone know what the single D-Ring on the back of the jacket was used for?
                  Attached Files

Comment

Canteen

Comment

as Nico said, it is for canteen, but was rarely used (at least in the BGS). I think for BGS i have found 1 photo of the ring used in this way. Would not be surprised, if for West Berlin Polizei was not much different.

Regards
                      Klaus

Comment

That's a very nice set! Yup, 1960 production is what is out there in quantity and so yours is identical to the others mentioned in this thread. The only variations are due to production differences in the cloth. I've seen some items with three different cloth variants (I think that's all there is?).

Steve

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X