Police patches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Police patches

Here are three patches. Can anyone tell me when they were in use ?
    Attached Files

1.Schutzpolizei Berlin armlet was used in Berlin police department(1949-1972?).Schutzpolizei is security police translate the word from German only.If I'm not mistake,the path is on the left upper arm.

2.Banhpolizei is railway(train) police.used on the left upper arm.

3.Stadtpolizei is city police.Dachalc I think it is someplace in Germany.

best regards
    Last edited by bundespolizei; 02-01-2010, 06:37 AM.

Comment

Crowback,

Schutzpolizei Berlin is the regular police not necessarily related to Security Polizei. It was worn on the left upper arm.

Bahnpolizei were the Bundesbahn (Railroad) police that were absorbed by the BGS but I can not remember the exact date right now.

Stadtpolizei would be city police but I doubt that the Dachau badge is authentic.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

The Bahnpolizei was absorbed by the Bundesgrenzschutz, now Bundespolizei.
        Date was for the new (Eastern) Federal Lands 10/03/1990 and for the older Federal Lands 04/01/ 1992.

The Stadtpolizei Dachau exists from 1948-1968.

Comment

Date was for the new (Eastern) Federal Lands 10/03/1990 and for the older Federal Lands 04/01/ 1992.

Comment

Patches

Many thanks !
            Originally posted by TCW 60 View Post

Comment

OK, maybe I can add some insight into the exact dates of use:

Can't remember the exact date on the Berlin off hand, but it was approx. 1976.

Bahnpolizei was used 1968 - 1984

Dachau was used March 1968. There were also three different versions of the Dachau patch. At the time it was merged into the Bavarian state police they had 42 officers.

Andrew

Comment

from the embroidery I would say that all Patches not period Items.
                there is a guy in Western Germany who fakes the most normal Patches and offers them on the Police shows. By mistake he sold some Pathes from his Sample Plates on the Show in Berlin some Years ago so I got an original Berlin RAF Ordnungspolizei Patch what was uses by the Royal Air Force Auxiliary Police at Berlin RAF Station Gatow.
                Nico

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X