No announcement yet.

BW FJ Wehrpas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 - 16.09.71 - STVERSKpBMVidg, Bonn - I could not find any reference to this Supply Company.

I´m not sure, but this could be the Stabs- und Versorgungskompanie of the Wachbatiallon, because the Wachbataillon is located at the
    BMVidg = Bundesmisnisterium der Verteidigung and it has a Stabs- und Versorgungskompanie.

Comment

Thank you for the information Lambert! I genuinely appreciate it!

Comment

Lambert,

I'd say that is a real leap to say this is a Company associated with the Wachbattaillon. There is absolutely nothing to indicate that. Everyone belongs to the Bundesmisnisterium der Verteidigung.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Lambert View Post
          3 - 16.09.71 - STVERSKpBMVidg, Bonn - I could not find any reference to this Supply Company.

I´m not sure, but this could be the Stabs- und Versorgungskompanie of the Wachbatiallon, because the Wachbataillon is located at the
          BMVidg = Bundesmisnisterium der Verteidigung and it has a Stabs- und Versorgungskompanie.
          I said that I´m not SURE, but it COULD be.
          Of course every german soldier is subordinated to the Bundesmisnisterium der Verteidigung, but this STVERSKp especially belonged to the Bundesmisnisterium der Verteidigung, because there is no bataillon mentioned. Otherwise it would read STVERSKpPzBtl (Tank Bataillon) XYZ for example.
          Like I that before, I´m NOT SURE, but it COULD be possible that this company belonged to the Wachbataillon.

Comment

Lambert,

Sorry if I came across a little too strongly in my last post. I am totally in agreement with what ytou have said above. Thanks for expanding on your original comments.
            Since you seem to be very knowledgable about the Wachbattaillon why not start a thread on it? I would be very interested in what you have to say.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hi,

not Wachbataillon, that is in Siegburg.

"Sicherungs- und Versorgungsregiment beim BMVg
              Stab/Stabskompanie in Bonn
              Stabs- und Versorgungsbataillon beim BMVg in Bonn
              - Stab/Stabs- und Versorgungskompanie
              - Stabsdienstkompanie
              - Instandsetzungskompanie (teilaktiv)
              - Nachschubkompanie (teilaktiv)

There is a StabsSicherungs- und Versorgungsregiment bein BMVg in Bonn, with a Stabs- und Versorgungsbataillon beim BMVg, with a Stabs- und Versorgungskompanie (correct Stab/Stabs- und Versorgungskompanie).

For all the abbreviations please see here, ZDv 64/10:

http://www.traditionsgemeinschaft-li...e/zdv64_10.pdf

The first time it was BMVtdg, later BMVg

http://sh-home.de/s.j.schaefer/abkuerzungen.html

Uwe

Comment

Uwe,

Thanks for the list of German Military abreviations. I am sure they will come in very handy in the future.
                So we have established that the unit listed in the book could not belong to the Wachbataillon because all of the Wachbataillon was stationed in Siegburg during the period we are talking about. I should have done my research on the Wachbaillon before making any comments. Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Very appropriately the WP arrived today on the 91st birthday of the recipient! His name was Justus Grebe.

Here are a few quick scans...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

If any more scans or information is desired I will be more than happy to provide.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Here is one more with his WWII awards listed...
                        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X