'Soft' G3 Pouch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Soft' G3 Pouch

I saw these on Raer and by any chance are they proper issue or cheap coppies?

As this type of pouch is phasesd out since some years tons over tons of them are on the market... on german ebay these sometimes appear in boxes of some dozend for around 10,- Euro. So it would be silly to reproduce them. Only interesting thing is to find the early type of 1959/60 which is really rare...

Regards,

Jens

Comment

So what type are these?, the others certainly are of a 'hard' construction, these look like if they're made of groundsheet material and I haven't seen them in photos.

Comment

Sorry what I meant was are they issue but of a different type, such as the experimental G3 pouches in Koblenz, the canvas ones.

Comment

O.k. this is the standart issued G3 magpouch introduced in 1961. The last lot was manufactured in 1979 depending on the stamping. The plasic version was the next version. I may put in some pictures the next days...

Jens

Comment

G3 pouch

I received these while in basic training with 4./FschJgBtl 313 in the summer of 1995 still. After basic training we received the new type carrying system, G3 pouches in green, later in camo.

Comment

Thanks Guys.

Comment

jens and Markus - Thanks for providing the time frames in which the "pleather" and the pre-flecktarn field gear was introduced.

All the best - TJ

Comment

Some pictures at least...

To depict the story here are some pictures:
                  First one shows the very first version of the G3 magazin pouch on the left side, produced 1959 and 1960 in at least 3 different sub versions (they differe by the number of rivets at the side oft the pouch) and the following version as shown also in the Räer picture in post one. Produced from 1961 up to the late 70ies with only minor changes (the strap/rivet construction for the D-ring is changed at the last batches

Anotheh view on the type 1 version

An inside view on a very late example ov type 2

And another type of G3 puch, manufactured in 1995...but not for the BW, its danish ! Not only judged because of the colour - it bears a xxx-22-xx... NSN clearly showing its danish origin.

Regards,

Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X