Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help replacing Bundeswehr Award

Hello,
    I am new here and understand this is NOT the "Wanted" area but I am looking to replace a shooting medal I earned during two weeks of temporary duty with the 145th Panzer Artillerie Bn. in Koblenz when I was stationed in West Germany (Alpha battery,1/35th Field Art. Hanua)1977-79.
    It was a silver oval embossed with the Bundeswehr eagle and a silver braid and worn across the chest of a dress uniform.(Sharpshooter)

A little background on myself.
    I served 7 years in the US Army (Fire Direction Control and re-uped into Combat Medic) and 13 years in the US Navy (Navy Corpsman) and retired in 2003 with 100% disability.

If there is a chance I can find this award for my "I Love Me" wall (military types will understand) I'd be grateful for the help.
    Thanks.

Schutzenschnure

Again, I hate to say it, but if you check out ebay, they are offered there on occasion. Do a search of Bundeswehr.

Hope this helps!

Comment

I agree,

The West German Schuetzenschnur appears on ebay often in all three variances, so a silver should not be hard to find.

Just keep looking ..... eventually one will turn up.

Also, there is a "Berliner" colleague of mine "Nico" who has them. He is a dealer in all sorts of military memorabilia and has an assortment of them. You can find more about him by doing a search on the DDR Sub-forum. If push comes to shove, you can PM him and work something out.
      Michael D. GALLAGHER

M60-A2 Tank Commander Cold War proverb: “You can accomplish more with a kind word and a ‘Shillelagh’ than you can with just a kind word.”

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X