West German slip on rank patches, and the leather flight jacket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris,

Got me!!!!!!!!! The first time I forget to look in the pocket. There are labels in the pockets of both jackets and they are by the same firm as yours. The early one from 65 the older one from 76.
    I looked through Hormann's book today and he has a drawing of several Luftwaffe guys in different flight gear and he captions it as representing clothing worn in 1959.
    A grey leather flight jacket appears in the drawing.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Steve,

Another great picture. Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
        Chris,

Got me!!!!!!!!! The first time I forget to look in the pocket. There are labels in the pockets of both jackets and they are by the same firm as yours. The early one from 65 the older one from 76.
        I looked through Hormann's book today and he has a drawing of several Luftwaffe guys in different flight gear and he captions it as representing clothing worn in 1959.
        A grey leather flight jacket appears in the drawing.

Regards,

Gordon
        Gordon,
        Glad to hear you found them! I thought it was odd that there was no trace of them.

I've been looking for the blue naval version for quite some time now -- without success. I did see a white version for sale recently. The seller referencing it was Red Cross item.

Comment

Chris,

It never occured to me that there would be a blue leather flight jacket. Makes sense when you think of it. I guess that I will have to start looking for one too.
          Are you refering to a white leather flight jacket? If you see another one of those please PM me.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
            Chris,

It never occured to me that there would be a blue leather flight jacket. Makes sense when you think of it. I guess that I will have to start looking for one too.
            Are you refering to a white leather flight jacket? If you see another one of those please PM me.

Regards,

Gordon
            Hi Grodon,
            Yes. A white version of the standard BW lederfliegerjacke. This one ended about a week ago. I had intended to bid but never heard back from the seller about the label info. I've seen these occassionally. This one sold for E$18

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X