Humorous Postcard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humorous Postcard

All tankers are like this ... judging from the tank and the bikinis, I'd say 1960s.

Best,
    Greg
    Attached Files
    sigpicFacebook "Tigers in the Ardennes" book page
    www.facebook.com/TigersintheArdennes

Greg - Apparently, the quest for female companionship is not unique to the CAV / Armor community.

What I found surprising is that unlike the U.S. Army, the Bundeswehr Air Assault / Airborne Community actually seems to like girls......

All the way and then some - TJ

(Proud holder of "Bullwinkle Wings" and "Rubber" [i.e. Fort Bragg issued] jump wings)

P.S. - My postcard appears to be dated 1963, making it the same age as me.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Thomas J. Cullinane Jr.; 10-06-2009, 09:16 PM. Reason: More info added

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas J. Cullinane Jr. View Post
      Greg - Apparently, the quest for female companionship is not unique to the CAV / Armor community.

What I found surprising is that unlike the U.S. Army, the Bundeswehr Air Assault / Airborne Community actually seems to like girls......

All the way and then some - TJ

(Proud holder of "Bullwinkle Wings" and "Rubber" [i.e. Fort Bragg issued] jump wings)

P.S. - My postcard appears to be dated 1963, making it the same age as me.

On a humorous note after seeing this. I worked with an ex BW para and to put it nicely, I do not think he liked girls. But he sure liked inviting all us guys out to play badminton with him Lets just say he could surely be a good interior decorator.
      Iam Uncle Sam
      That’s who Iam
      Been hiding out
      In a rock and roll band

Comment

Team - Just to clarify my weak attempt at humor in Post#2, the "in-joke" in the U.S. Army is that those in the Air Assault / Airborne community are so zealous in executing their duties that they soon lose interest in dating or having any kind of social life outside of the Army.

Please be assured that I am not attempting in any way to make anyone feel unwelcome or uncomfortable on the BRD forum.

Attached below is another example of a 1963 dated Bundeswehr post card, this one playing on the loneliness of basic training.

All the best - TJ
        Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X