Olive green Isken visor cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olive green Isken visor cap

Yesterday fleamarked did not bring up much interesting stuff...only remarkeble thing is a Isken made visor cap in olive green with a light green piping. As no insognia is present - only two wholes show that there was something in the place BW hats had the cocade - I got no idea for whom it was made. BW definetely not. And for BGS it has also the wron colour....:

Any idea ??

Jens

Post war.

Comment

BryanD - We're good with post-war on the BRD Forum!

Jens - I have no idea what organization used that lid; maybe SprogCollector, Gordon or Klaus1989 will come up with an I.D. The color looks more DDR than BDR.

Good luck - TJ

Comment

... Brians "" may be indicated by posting the question also in the TR headgear forum...

Yes, the colour is strange... not really BGS or police green, and BW never had green visors. The colour may indicate DDR, but it was clearly made by Isken in cologne ...

Jens

Comment

Jens,

I finally was able to unpack some of my hats today so can have a go at responding to this queery. From the colour you describe and the chin strap I would say West German police. I have a polizei visor cap with nearly identical markings on the sweat shield. My cap differs considerably from the one you pictured but I think that the sweat shield markings are from the same time period. Here is a photo of my cap markings.

Regards,

Gordon
          Attached Files

Comment

Gordon,

thank you for reply and picture! Both hats look much the same ... the little difference in colour may be a question of light and / or production batch.
            Does your visor still have the insignia ?
            Jens

Comment

Jens,

Yes it has the insignia. Here is a photo of the front of the cap.
              Attached Files

Comment

This one has me confused too???

Definite that it is not same hat as Gordon's NRW Polizei one. The inside is not clue - all Carl Isken Schirmmützen look almost same inside. Probably some unknown civil organisation but doubt Polizei. Looks brown/green to me.

regards
                Klaus

Comment

Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
                  . Looks brown/green to me.
                  Yes, the colour looks strange on the photos... in reality its olive green and piped in a bright light green.

Jens

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X