BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More equipment from the Ziviler Bevölkerungsschutz (ZB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hugh Zillmann View Post
    Dear Thomas (and fellow Wessies),

Your theory on the use of "BUND"-marked equipment (and the origins of my jerry-can) raise, for me, an issue that I think needs greater scrutiny.
    Some time ago I sent an image of three Esbit stoves to your fellow moderator for his consideration and thoughts on the point you have raised.
    One of those (marked 'Esbit') was acquired by me in Germany some years ago in the equivalent of a Camping Goods store. No doubt in my mind - civilian use. The other two (acquired locally in a Disposals Store) were marked respectively "BUND" and "Bundeseigentum" and both carried the Nato Code for (then) West Germany. My gerry-can similarly carries that code.
    My question:
    Has anyone seen examples of BGS/Polizei/Civil Defence gear with a Nato code marking on it?
    My theory is that there is no magic in the marking "Bundeswehr". It seems to me that equipment marked "BUND" and "Bundeseigentum" may have also been intended for use by the military.
    In my collection I have two blankets which I acquired years ago for camping (that's what started the post-war German collection - relatively cheap, robust camping gear!). Both are marked "Bundeseigentum" and both (on attached labels) have the Nato code number.

Cheers,

Hugh
    I have seen BGS MPL/MP5 mag pouches marked with NATO stock numbers.

Interesting you mention Esbitkocher. I have Esbit stove marked with Reichspatent but postwar. I assume it could be 1946-49, but not sure if civil or Polizei.

regards
    Klaus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
    X