Billy Kramer

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Summer Uniforms in the Bundeswehr (Sandfarben)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jens, Steve,

Thanks for your comments. All that you have said is a possibility. Most likely we will never know for sure.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Hello Team - I was just wondering if anyone we know snagged this nice Bundesmarine Sandfarben from Manion's the other day.

Of course, we'll require more pictures when you receive it...

All the best - TJ
      Attached Files

Comment

The only other picture was this tag.
        Attached Files

Comment

Were Buttons Always attached by split rings?

I have a 3/62 dated Sandfarben tunic with the altgold buttons and Stabsunteroffizier shoulder boards. Although the tunic is obviously constructed to use the buttons which attach by split rings these buttons are all very professionally sewn in place. Was this common or an indication that the tunic has been restored?

Comment

usmedalman,

No this was not commonly done in the Marine. Buttons were sewn on in the Heer and Luftwaffe as a rule

Comment

Gordon, generally you are all right with this rule ... but there are for sure Her/ LW jackets with "ringed-on buttons" . I think that the stile of fastening the buttons depends much on the manufacturer of the jacket ...

Jens

Comment

Originally posted by Asbjoern View Post
                Gordon, generally you are all right with this rule ... but there are for sure Her/ LW jackets with "ringed-on buttons" . I think that the stile of fastening the buttons depends much on the manufacturer of the jacket ...

Jens
                Jens and Gordon. Thanks for the information. Since my jacket is Heer it would seem that it is okay with the sewn in buttons then.

John

Comment

John,

Yes.

Jens,

I have seen a few privately made Luftwaffe light weight tunics with ringed on buttons. My comment said "generaly" not always. Perhaps what I said was not clear.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

On all my jackets the only buttons that are sewn on are those for the shoulder straps.

Marc

Comment

Hello people,
                      Just read that posting pics is up for everybody now so here's a test to see if that works for me.
                      A recent ragmill find; sandfarbe tunic.
                      All the best,
                      Kees
                      Attached Files

Comment

Kees,

Nice tunic. Good to see you posting again.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Thank you Gordon.
                          What a pleasant surprise it was when I saw this morning that posting direct to the forum is now possible for everyone.
                          And up to to 10 pics a post as well.
                          Awesome.
                          Big thanks for those who made that happen
                          Kees

Comment

I have 3 Tropenuniformen, 1 of the Luftwaffe, 2 of the Heer.

The oldest one 1963 with arm cuffs.
                            The other one is of a Oberstabsfeldwebel der Luftwaffe and in huge size EU60

The nicest is the jacket I got from my platoon leader in 1993. He got his tropical uniform when he was in an advisor mission in Africa, but in that time he never wore the uniform, so the set is unworn and complete. He used to wear French tropical sets there.

All tunics have ringed on buttons.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X