Are these current German army badges?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are these current German army badges?

I was not sure where to ask this since they are not WW2 vintage. I have three badges that are what I assume are current German army qualification awards. They are the same size and style as the old ones (think DRL sports badge-the only other thing that I have to compare it to). They all have a laurel wreath boarder and the black/red/yellow flag below. One is crossed cannons, one a tank, and one a sword with wings. Can someone tell me some more about them? The method to atach them is by pushing in some metal prongs and bending them back. They are stamped metal and the tank has a mark of "olc" in a diamond, the sword has a mark covered by some soder, and the crossed cannons have a mark of a styalized "A". I know they are not valuable but they look pretty cool so I want to know more about them so I can catalog them into my collection.
    Thanks to all

Hi jr 16,
    from the description I assume You have some current beret badges.

crossed cannons are artillery troops,
    the tak of course tank troops
    and the sword with wings should be Army aviation troops

Best regards

Daniel

Comment

Like this?

The background colors to the images correspond to the proper beret colors.

Dave

Comment

Thank you Daniel and Dave. Those are them alright. Any idea where I could find a picture of them in wear? Or other current German army uniforms? I also thought the "A" was neat. I swear it is the Assman mark. Are they still producing decorations? Thanks again gentlemen.

Comment

The "A" is an Assmann mark. They still make badges for the Bundeswehr. I have parachute wings so marked and I believe they also make Leistungsabzeichen. Not sure about decorations, though; the Bundesverdienstkreuz is made by S&L, but I don't know about lower awards and service medals.

Comment

The other Bundeswehr awards like the Honor Crosses/Medal and the Einsatzmedaillen (Operations Medals) are also made by Steinhauer.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X