Deutsche Bundesbahn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stonemintg,

I emailed a picture of the cap badge above to Hartmut Schoetge and here is his answer.

"The cap badge is from a mine (mountain, industrie) with a mine-railway. I can not say, what it is for a mine (brown-coal, over day)."

Nice to have confirmation from a chap who has written several books on German Railroad uniforms.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

stonemint,

Have you seen this? Do you have a copy? Is it worth buying?

Regards,

Gordon
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gordon Craig View Post
        stonemint,

Have you seen this? Do you have a copy? Is it worth buying?

Regards,

Gordon
        Gordon, I do have it, and it is not worth buying. The pages that have to do with uniforms are shown in the pics--the rest of it is Railroad equipment like lanterns and ticket punches. It is also 30 years old. I would recommend the "books" by Hartmut Schottge (they are actually only about 25 pages each), and they cover the DRB pre-WW2, TR, and BRD.
        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

This link shows all the volumes in the series. They are commonly available on German Ebay (I wish he would just have them all professionally bound and placed into one book):

http://www.eisenbahneruniformen.de/hufo3/index.html
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Gordon, this book covers the Bahnschutz from the Weimar era up to the present day, and is supposed to be good, but I do not have it, and have not read any reviews on it:
            Attached Files
            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

stonemint,

Thanks for your comments on the book I asked about. You have just saved me some money. I have looked at the book you posted, and didn't buy because I wasn't sure of the time frame covered. Looks Like I should buy it after all.
              I have Harmut's four books on the DDR Reichsbahn and ordered the four that cover the period 1925 to 1945 yesterday. At 10 euros each plus 7 euros shipping the price can not be beat and I can support the author as well.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

stonemint,

In looking the the book by Rettingshaus I discovered that this book is available with two different covers. This raises the question is one just a reprint or is one of them a new edition with more info. What really makes it fuzzy is one cover has visor hats for the period you mentioned while the other cover shows pictures of TRAPO uniformed men! Any ideas here?

Regards,

Gordon
                Attached Files

Comment

Gordon, he said the cover for the book shown above was just a prototype--the actual cover is the one with the hats.
                  NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

stonemint,

Thanks. I can now order the book with some certainty. I'll do a review of it once I have read it. Or at least browsed through it.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ght=bahnschutz

bahnschutz

Comment

This one is listed as:

Dienstmütze Schwebebahn Wuppertal
                        Attached Files
                        NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

stonemint et el,

Well, my copy of the book arrived today. I've leafed through it three times and with my limited German language ability can not comment on all of the contents with just a cursory glance. I can say that if you are looking for a comprehensive review of uniforms, caps, insignia etc. for Die Bahnpolizei you will not find it pictured in this book.
                          I am sure that the book is worth what I paid for it and in conjunction with the artifacts in my collection it will prove to be useful. At euros 40.00 plus euros 5.40 for postage not a bad deal.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Gordon, thanks for the review.

I believe this hat is for the BRD equivalent of the "High Sees Ferry Service":
                            Attached Files
                            NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Gordon, here is a pic of visors from the book you asked about above ("Antiquitaten und Raritaten von Der Eisenbahn").

This man (Gunther Henneking) had a very advanced RB/DB collection, but the book is really just a compilation of pics from his collection, most of it being signs, lanterns & field equipment of DRB employees instead of uniforms and insignia.

In any even, these visors were worn only from 1950-57. They are often re-badged with TR insignia and sold as such, but untouched, they are (imo) rarer than their TR counterparts:
                              Attached Files
                              NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Another page from the book:
                                Attached Files
                                NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X