Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General's group

Hello All,

I have the opportunity to purchase a named Bunds General's unifrom and cap and medals to a WW2 Stuka ace by the name of Helmut Mahlke..... This is his West German uniform once he made General.... The Knights Cross, German Cross, Iron Cross and Fighters bandge are all his and 57 issues....

Problem is.. I have no idea of the value of something like this as it is outside of my scope....

Any assitance or opinions are appreciated....

Cheers
    Mark
    Attached Files

another

Another pic
    Attached Files

Comment

another

another...... and is there any market for the West German stuff ?
      Attached Files

Comment

another
        Attached Files

Comment

and another
          Attached Files

Comment

i have no idea of the value but that is one dam nice grouping

tony

Comment

I am also not sure; there is, so far, not a big market for these early Bundeswehr uniforms, but it will come. This set you got should go easily over 1000 Euros. Have you got his ribbon-bar too?

Comment

Originally posted by JensF.
                I am also not sure; there is, so far, not a big market for these early Bundeswehr uniforms, but it will come. This set you got should go easily over 1000 Euros. Have you got his ribbon-bar too?

Hey Jens

I have asked th eseller about a ribbon bar.. have not heard back yet.....and 'yes' the price is more than 1000 Euros

Besides the group..... do you have any idea what the 1957 orders are worth (KC, GC, IC, WMC, Fighter badge ?)

Cheers
                Mark

Comment

It depends on which type of 57 they are. If these are the very early ones (RK and EK with iron core and maybe the old frames) you can pay for the Ritterkreuz at least 200 Euros because you also got a name with it. For the German Cross around the same price and for the EK and the Frontflugspange less, but still at least double the price Niemann for example sells them (as later produced 57 types without a name).

Comment

Hey Jens,

Thanks !

Are they (the early ones) marked like the original ones (i.e. 800, or L12 etc)..... or is the only way to tell as you stated, iron core (what is the core made out of on the earlier ones ) ?

Also..... you mentioned "with a name" ... what did you mean by that ?

Cheers
                    Mark

Comment

no idea about the markers marks.
                      but with the "name" he ment, that you know who was the wearer!
                      so like a unique combo of a medalbar you could put a name through would cost more, because you can identify the wearer.
                      nice group - really!!!!!
                      christian

Comment

Yep, as Christian said, if you know the wearer (and it was a General) it is worth much more.

The old Ritterkreuze and EKs have an iron core and are very well made like the 39 type. Often with the same pin and frame because they had enough on stock.

It is extremely rare to find 1957 awards still with the old maker code (like "L12") but they exist also. Thats when they used the old frames, plates and pins for an EK1 for example. If they have these marks add again some $$$ more

Comment

Hey Guys

Thanks for the info.... I do have a picture of hte back of the German Cross... Does this help ?

what do you think?

Cheers
                          Mark
                          Attached Files

Comment

The front of the DK
                            Attached Files

Comment

here are the pics of the knights cross.... any idea of the vintage (of the german cross and knights cross)...

the ribbon bar is not with the group... so i will have to reconstruct it...

cheers
                              mark
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X