GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An unusual BRD visor cap-anyone recognize it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An unusual BRD visor cap-anyone recognize it?

Gentlemen,

I have looked at this cap for a number of months and didn't buy it because I have never seen anything quite like it before. Finally I couldn't resist any longer so I bought it on Saturday just so I could put it on the forum.
    In shape it is a typical Carl Isken cap. It has the early dated sweat shield (1900-1950) but after that things get very interesting. It has a stiff shiny visor that has gotten hot a number of times in the past so you can see the marks of the shin strap in it. The chin strap itslef is bizarre and is held on by two bright gold pebbled buttons. The cap band is a high quality black velvet material and is pipped on top and on the bottom with glod metal pipping. There is slightly larger gold metalic pipping around the crown. The sweat band is leather and preforation for its entire circumference. Something I don't remember seeing before on any other cap. The prongs on the sword do not go through the lining material. The cockade has the same black velvet material in the centre black spot as is used for the cap band. Does any one have any suggestions as to the use or origin of this cap?

Regards,

Gordon
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gordon Craig; 06-08-2009, 04:09 PM.

Side view.
    Attached Files

Comment

The sweat shield and makers name.
      Attached Files

Comment

A comparison of colours between this cap and an early BW Luftwaffe cap from approximately the same time period.
        Attached Files

Comment

Deutsche Bundesbahn / German Railways

Hi Gordon,

This is a railway officials cap from 1950-60 that someone has pinned a BW (Heer) cap emblem to.

Diane

Comment

Diane,

Thanks for the info. Would there have been a DB cap emblem on this cap where the crossed swords are, and if so, what would it have looked like? What pay grade would have worn this cap? I guess I need to invest in some DB books.
            Good to hear from you again. It has been a while.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Probably one of higher pay grades ("Besoldungsgruppen"). I know later versions, the lower Besoldungsgruppen do not have gold piping. The Flügelrad should be where sabres are. Found these "Mützenabzeichen, Deutsche Bahn, Altes Modell" on Siegmund Stephan's site. Seems to be what you need:

http://stephan.de/php/de_neuesfenste...552982a97a6f66

At Bonn Flohmarkt, a woman offered me TR-style 1950s DB tunic with closed collar for EUR 20,00 but I do not need to be collecting so much outside my field anymore. I would guess the cap would go with it.

regards
              Klaus

Comment

Klaus,

Thanks for the info. I'll email Stephan when I get back from Canada.

Regards,

Gordon

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X